Drinking on a boat

wheezy

Does anyone know what rules or laws there are for drinking on a boat at Lake Erie? If you go anchor by a beach can everyone drink as long as the driver sobers up by the time he drives? Is there any open container on a boat? All I could find is...

Operating Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs Prohibited/Testing

(ORC 1547.11 ; ORC 1547.111)

No person shall operate or be in physical control of any vessel underway, or manipulate any water skis or similar device if the person is under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs. A person is in violation with a concentration of 0.08 or more Blood Alcohol Content (BAC).

This is a very sensitive subject for many, especially since boating season involves so many families. In all honesty my family has drank on the boat all day long, but NEVER has anyone of them drove after drinking. We all drink on the house boat but thats different.

I have had a patrolman at Buckeye Lake where I took my boat and one at Burr Oak where I rented a pontoon boat tell us that as long as we were "in" the boat, they would treat us as if our boat was a cabin. In other words, don't flaunt your open drinks, don't act stupid, and you won't be bothered.

PS don't drive your boat drunk.

I have had a patrolman at Buckeye Lake where I took my boat and one at Burr Oak where I rented a pontoon boat tell us that as long as we were "in" the boat, they would treat us as if our boat was a cabin. In other words, don't flaunt your open drinks, don't act stupid, and you won't be bothered.

PS don't drive your boat drunk.

Based on my experiences, this best sums up how things really go down^^^^.

I've been around buckeye lake all my life, my grandparents have a house on the lake, and many drink while boating, just not the driver.