Glad i didnt go rice...(pics included)

Steve R.

break the 400 mark, then gank those twins off, replace em with one big one and really rip some ass.

your thinking buddy! already have a topmount twinscroll t4 fullrace manifold made for the 240 rb swap for big single, I still have my precision gt40r in the box ready to rock. Before I get all the standalone stuff, I will get my evo first, I could dump 23k into other projects but Id like to add a nice mint low mile evo on my list before summer is over, I have the cash in hand just still have not found the car I want. hopfully but next summer I have a nice 600whp pump gas 240 and a nicely modded evo:)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

built engine

big turbo

standalone = anything can be quick some people on here concider 12.5 quick ,it depends on what you think is quick.

built motor and big turbo should be easly faster than 12.5.. quick is quickl no matter what ur driving. I would low 13s or faster is quick.

your thinking buddy! already have a topmount twinscroll t4 fullrace manifold made for the 240 rb swap for big single, I still have my precision gt40r in the box ready to rock. Before I get all the standalone stuff, I will get my evo first, I could dump 23k into other projects but Id like to add a nice mint low mile evo on my list before summer is over, I have the cash in hand just still have not found the car I want. hopfully but next summer I have a nice 600whp pump gas 240 and a nicely modded evo:)

Sounds sweet. You'll be able to take a nap while that 40r spools up, lol, but when it hits hold on! I hope your luck in finding an evo turns for the better. Once you get it, you might just sell that 40r and buy some stuff for the Evo, haha

As far as whats quick, I think that changes all the time. Atleast for me it has. A few years ago I though 13s was a quick street car. Last year I thought 12s was a quick street car. I guess 12s is still quick, but there are A LOT more 10-11 second street cars now it seems like.

Sounds sweet. You'll be able to take a nap while that 40r spools up, lol, but when it hits hold on! I hope your luck in finding an evo turns for the better. Once you get it, you might just sell that 40r and buy some stuff for the Evo, haha

As far as whats quick, I think that changes all the time. Atleast for me it has. A few years ago I though 13s was a quick street car. Last year I thought 12s was a quick street car. I guess 12s is still quick, but there are A LOT more 10-11 second street cars now it seems like.

Shit the 40r is a decent size turbo but its really not all the big, There are guys on here that were running 40-42r's on 4 cly's the 40r is idea for my build.

the 26 handles well to huge cams, and all the head work ive done the 40r is nothing big for the motor, I wanted bigger, the 35R I had on my previous 25 I was seeing full boost at 3900 rpms and reving to around 9600 rpm, you have to remember its an inline 6 and are very boost hungry and rev like no other. as long as its not a shittly old rb20. a well balanced inline 6 with the right cams and huge turbo is a deadly combo. S

as for the evo, I have had alot of years working with the 4g63. I have done alot of business with john shep and dave burshur in the past on my previous cars. I already have alot of goodies sitting in my basement waiting for the car.

but within a few years id love to have 10second pump gas evo just like jeff's for a weekend car. hopfully now with work picking up , im not going to be able to search like I have been the past month or so, I will have to wait and hold off till I get time from work, hopfully I will see the evo in my driveway before summers end.

built motor and big turbo should be easly faster than 12.5.. quick is quickl no matter what ur driving. I would low 13s or faster is quick.

I def agree but have you ever driven a fwd turbo car with more then 450whp? getting them to hook is another job. On the freeway thats when they are able to hold there own.

yeah, i just read thru this whole thing, should go in the records as one of the biggest thread jacks ever (ie: peoples bitch fits, car setups and misc other stuff) Its no real big deal.... lol

:gtfo: :p:D