SCCA Points Event #5 - Ackerman - June 15

craig71188

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I'd get this one up first - only 17 registered as of this evening. Back to OSU for Father's Day. I'll be back from vacation with a fresh alignment on the kart - hunting FTD (for my codriver anyway!).

Rushing to get the MR2 done, head came off today. I have to send it to CarQuest to get inspected and possibly milled, then if all goes well its what I am driving the rest of the season.

Edit:....or the head could be complete trash, and I would be up a certain proverbial creek, without a paddle.

i have my new say bar and new R comps and will also set some sights on FTD. can he do it? i guess we will find out.

Hey, the only way to go is up. Mr. Ritch, watch out, here comes AJ?

Btw, nice avatar. Calvin=win

Hey, the only way to go is up. Mr. Ritch, watch out, here comes AJ?

Btw, nice avatar. Calvin=win

think if i pulled it off they would kick me out of novice class? haha.

i have one half of my rear wing done for the car. i'll finish it tomorrow and then one day this week i am going to realign the suspension and add some more (+)caster and (-)camber. that thing should be tits by this weekend.

think if i pulled it off they would kick me out of novice class? haha.

i have one half of my rear wing done for the car. i'll finish it tomorrow and then one day this week i am going to realign the suspension and add some more (+)caster and (-)camber. that thing should be tits by this weekend.

They might let you stay, just so that they can say a novice got FTD. Home-grown talent!

A wing-wing? Like not ricer wing but a real functioning one for downforce?

They might let you stay, just so that they can say a novice got FTD. Home-grown talent!

A wing-wing? Like not ricer wing but a real functioning one for downforce?

fo sho, were you at the GASS event at all? there was a C5 vert in my class that had one that Danny Popp made for him so i looked at it and built one. i read more about it on corvetteforum.com and he said that he could tell a huge difference between it being on or off.

A guy like Danny can make anyone feel pretty slow. Though it helps little I try to watch drivers like him and see what they do and learn from it.

Coty, if you don't hit some cones once in a while your probably not getting close enough to them!! I'll be there co-driving the gold E30 so I'll keep an eye out for you. Anthony(Antwon) said he may make it out too so it will be good to see some more CR members out there.

^Heh, unless the SCCA loosens the little table they use to determine if a vehicle is too tall or not the Pathy won't be on any track anytime soon.

Joe, I have a feeling I won't be able to.

Hopefully it will be a good day as this is the last event until July 20!!! I just hope I can get someone to cover my shift at work since I got put on the schedule because everyone decided to take vacation this weekend.

Guest tbutera2112

how hard is autox and would it be even worth the bother to give a shot in a stang with stock suspension? aside from a 2" drop with eibach sportlines

oh and i have wide all season tires...theyre not very grippy, defiantely upgrading to a sticky tire next time

how hard is autox and would it be even worth the bother to give a shot in a stang with stock suspension? aside from a 2" drop with eibach sportlines

oh and i have wide all season tires...theyre not very grippy, defiantely upgrading to a sticky tire next time

Doing it? Not hard. Doing it to keep up with the top 10%? Hard. But it's fun all the way. It's worth it on any stock suspension. 1993 Camaro Z28. Fun as hell. All stock, except for headers, etc.

I'd do it. A lot of fun.