95 Jeep Wrangler Fuel System

nathan

Just replaced a fuel pump in this vehicle and that seemed to work for a day or two, but now it won't start again. The symptom that is strange is that the gas gauge goes to full when the problem occurs. Is this something in the wiring causing the problem?

Still running the in tank pump? what about a filter? External on the frame rail? What motor? 4.0? or 4cyl? can you check voltage to the pump?(wires are in loom on drivers side frame)

I'm tempted to say bad ground, or that somehow the voltage for the pump is getting to the sender, the stock wiring probably leaves something to be desired.

key on a few times to prime and check fuel pressure on the rail(schrader valve is on the drivers side rail in front of the injectors.)

Yeah, I'm thinking that since the sender and the pump share the same ground that is where the problem lies. I am just not sure where along the path that the ground is being interupted. I'm going to have my friend shake the wiring while the jeep is running and see if he can get it to short.