NEEDED: Summer Work

Kevin R.

The deal is I thought I had a summer position lined up but they don't get back to you for 30+ days which really eats into my summer as it is only 12 weeks. Therefore, I am looking for some work!

I can send anyone a resume but the breakdown is:

• Most of my job experience is rooted at NTB where I started as a General Service Technician and was moved into sales.
  • I have two years of college education focused on business finance and marketing.
  • I don't mind manual labor.

I need to make some good money this summer so let me know if your place of employment is hiring or if you know of anything. As far as my work ethic goes I believe it to be very high and apply myself fully to anything I do.

Thank you,

Kevin

Interested in my post, I'll take about anyone right now. I am the assistant at my store so if you come in talk to the manager, and leave out the "just for summer part", you stand a good chance. If you think you can upsell off oil changes come on by.

Interested in my post, I'll take about anyone right now. I am the assistant at my store so if you come in talk to the manager, and leave out the "just for summer part", you stand a good chance. If you think you can upsell off oil changes come on by.

Thank you for the offer. I will think about it. When I started at NTB I was a "16% mechanic" which basically screwed me. There was no way to make over the "quota" doing oil changes and tires it seemed. I cannot do many brake jobs, etc. so that really put a damper on my paychecks. I am the kind of person that can't sit back and let people work hard so I worked way too hard for a set weekly pay it seemed.

Disregard this if you were talking about a sales position. I was unsure when you said upsell on oil changes if you are talking about being a tech or not.

Thanks,

Kevin

Sorry about the confusion, I am looking for a tech. Just expect good evaluations on every car threw the shop. We do very well that way.

I don't think that is the right "threw", oops.

Yeah I got the routine down it is just difficult when you inspect every vehicle but cannot do the money-making work to bring in a good paycheck with that kind of pay base in my experience. It usually gets handed off to someone else.

This is just my experience. I do not know how it goes at your shop. :)

Yeah I got the routine down it is just difficult when you inspect every vehicle but cannot do the money-making work to bring in a good paycheck with that kind of pay base in my experience. It usually gets handed off to someone else.

This is just my experience. I do not know how it goes at your shop. :)

If you can do the work you do it at my shop, I am the only one with certs and personally I think the other tech knows more than I know. Most shops aren't that critical, but I have never worked at a dealer.

So if you can do brakes, and you'd have to be brain dead not to do flushes, you could prabably hack it at my shop. Sell some tires, batteries, flushes, filters, and 90% of brake jobs are really not that hard.

Show up with a good attitude, and some smarts about you, you could stand a chance.