EPIC THREAD: Car booted....

Avenger1647545502

Take the boots off.Place them on your well-manicured front lawn with a big-ass chain locking it to a secure pole.

Then attach a huge sign above the two boots that says "BEWARE OF BOOT"

That'll piss off the homeowner association real good.

:lol:

I was in Boston on business travel last year and saw a guy cutting a boot off his truck. I didn't stay and watch the whole removal, but it wasn't hard. I watched him make considerable progress in a just a couple minutes.

I vote for re-keying the boots, reinforcing them somehow too and then booting the prez of the HMA cars.

There are some hilarious pics farther into the thread, but it's probably not worth the 4 hours it would take to read every page to find them. Apparently what it came back to is that the 'towing' company wasn't allowed to boot cars for not displaying a pass, but they were doing it to tons of people anyway just to make money. It sounds a lot like the organized car theft that happens here in Cols day in and day out (cough, CAMcar). Wrongly booting a car, Vandalism? Wrongly towing a car, theft? Will the law ever be on the side of the humble citizen? Discuss.

Edit: here is the page with the meat of the argument on it (warning, it's 1/60th of the thread and it is still long as hell)... http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3880087&page=52

I like how they brought back NSX Nick.....that's another classic one :D

There are some hilarious pics farther into the thread, but it's probably not worth the 4 hours it would take to read every page to find them. Apparently what it came back to is that the 'towing' company wasn't allowed to boot cars for not displaying a pass, but they were doing it to tons of people anyway just to make money. It sounds a lot like the organized car theft that happens here in Cols day in and day out (cough, CAMcar). Wrongly booting a car, Vandalism? Wrongly towing a car, theft? Will the law ever be on the side of the humble citizen? Discuss.

Edit: here is the page with the meat of the argument on it (warning, it's 1/60th of the thread and it is still long as hell)... http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3880087&page=52

wouldn't matter if you had his parking pass.

Apparently, the pass was irelevant once Arizona Parking Solutions got pissed. The where booting cars that had permits, but where touching the white line, had an expired tag, or any other thing they could posibly find wrong.

Long read, semi worthless as NGB blocks most of the servers that the photos are hosted on.

So a bunch of nerds on a VW website have wasted millions of people's time?? That's all I got out of it... The guy didn't seem to do much damage to the towing/boot company other than to annoy some deuchebag GM and bash him on the internet...
  • Confused 1