Pronunciation Thread:

Diamonds

Thats because they dont know German grammer... TEIN should be pronounced like TINE, sounds like Nine. In German the emphasis goes on the second letter when E and I are placed together.

The shop owner says it correctly, TINE. (around 1:00min in)

Right... because Tein is a german company...............................................................................................................................................................................................

You might be right..... if Tein was based/cultured in Germany....but it's not.

The name Murciélago (pronounced moor-thee-EH-la-goh in traditional Castilian Spanish and moor-see-EH-la-goh in Spanish of Latin America), means "bat" in Spanish, comes from a bull that survived 24 sword strokes in an 1879 fight at the arena of Córdoba, and fought with such passion and spirit that the matador chose to spare its life, a rare honor.

from the ultimate source of everything, wikipedia.

Right... because Tein is a german company...............................................................................................................................................................................................

You might be right..... if Tein was based/cultured in Germany....but it's not.

Yea i know, it makes sence though :p

In actuality, the company name TEIN comes from 2 initials of the words; ‘TE’CHNICAL ‘IN’NOVATION.

TE - TEH

IN -EIN

Sounding it out fluidly its pronounced TINE.

In actuality, the company name TEIN comes from 2 initials of the words; ‘TE’CHNICAL ‘IN’NOVATION.

That is something that they JUST did in the past Five years when they started their stateside operation.... that nice little convenient "play on words" had been put together for marketing purposes for their new angle on the US market in 2002 (when they began Tein USA INC in Downy (sp.) California)

If you think it stood for Technical Innovation back in circa 1985 (when all they did was make OEM shit) Hakaru Ichino would slap you in the face. Tein didn't even start developing coilovers until the early 90's.... please educate yourself.

call Phil at Tein USA inc...he is some high up marketing guru... he will tell you, i believe its Phil Chase... as i haven't spoken with him in a few years