*Track day Moved to Kil-Kare on 8/10 from 10a-4p* Paypal link added

V8 Beast

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signed up, unprepared car, unprepared driver, but I'll be there Sunday at least to observe. :)

Should be fun to see that luxury hot rod go down the track. I have only been down a track 3 times ever so you wont be the only one . The first time I went down a track I let off way early,2nd time I spun forever,3rd time spun got sideways a little and let out. So I have never even had a good clean run.

Should be fun to see that luxury hot rod go down the track. I have only been down a track 3 times ever so you wont be the only one . The first time I went down a track I let off way early,2nd time I spun forever,3rd time spun got sideways a little and let out. So I have never even had a good clean run.

I figured with as old as you are you'd of gone down the track more.... lol I keeeed I keeeeed

I figured with as old as you are you'd of gone down the track more.... lol I keeeed I keeeeed

Ha Ha. I needed a good laugh. Nope have had a lot of fast cars but never took the time to go to the track with them,just played with them on the street.The street is no place to play anymore so now I want to hit the track.I use to cruise morse road when it was the place to go and play,god that was a long time ago. I am old dammit.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. There won't be any shortage of coaches around if I do decide to try it. Right now the dilemma is what to do with the traction control. Even when it's put into de-activated mode, it still will apply brakes to any slipping wheel. When it's on, it also uses a throttle cut-off. It would also have been good to have had some dyno work done before the weekend, but I figure at least as it is it will give me a benchmark I can try to improve on in the future.....

Thanks for the words of encouragement. There won't be any shortage of coaches around if I do decide to try it. Right now the dilemma is what to do with the traction control. Even when it's put into de-activated mode, it still will apply brakes to any slipping wheel. When it's on, it also uses a throttle cut-off. It would also have been good to have had some dyno work done before the weekend, but I figure at least as it is it will give me a benchmark I can try to improve on in the future.....

So glad to see you making it out for this. Is that yaw control that you can't turn off?

and +1 for the baseline runs. EVERYONE WILL BE WATCHING YOU!! ;)

Find that sweet spot where you can launch it without the tires spinning. I've actually had better launches a 2k than 3k depending on how good or bad the prep is. I say ignore the tree the first couple of passes and work on what RPM you should launch at. Then after each pass check your tire pressure and adjust that a little too. There will be enough of us there to help everyone out. I think I'm going to have Ray run my car so I can compare his video to mine later and check a few things.

When you get there just drive right in and park. Then look for the sexy black guy with the participant list. If you dont see him look for the even sexier jew-ish guy driving a green cruise missile.

So glad to see you making it out for this. Is that yaw control that you can't turn off?

and +1 for the baseline runs. EVERYONE WILL BE WATCHING YOU!! ;)

Well, if nothing else, I may provide some comic relief. :)

The car is not here right now, so I don't have the owner's manual in hand, but if memory serves, the button is ESP (electronic stability program) and it has only two settings: on and off. I remember reading in the (400+ page) owner's manual that even turning the setting off does not stop the system from braking a spinning tire, not necessarily in response to yaw. I obviously need to learn more about this .... I'll check the MB racing forum, there are actually a few guys who drag these beasts.

When you get there just drive right in and park. Then look for the sexy black guy with the participant list. If you dont see him look for the even sexier jew-ish guy driving a green cruise missile.

Hmmm. How about I just look for you instead?

One thing for sure with that many safety devices you should not get out of control.

• Casper unpinned this topic