Stupid LAW. Cops taking blood tests!

thorne

Shawn and I have actually been around the block of life enough to realize true civility when we see it.

Removing the rights of repeated offenders falls directly into that category.

Removing the rights of repeated offenders should not be as described in this new bill. So you wanna keep getting DUIs? Fine you lost your driving privileges for the rest of your life. You wanna drive without driving privileges? Fine you go to jail for 5 years.

No reason to stick a needle in my arm.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fuck a blood test if you fail field sobriety they should just beat the fucking shit out of you right on the side of the road and leave you there

Oh that makes sense. Lets also make it so if a cop pulls you over for squealing your tires they can stab all 4 tires with a knife. Sounds great now that I think about it. 2 wrongs make a right amirite?!

getting stuck in the arm for blood isn't a punishment, but a means of collecting evidence for the possible conviction of committing DUI.

Enforce the DUI laws with more strict sentences. What is the max possible sentence for a first and second offense DUI? I know every time I read about DUIs in the paper or heard about someone I know it has ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS been the minimum possible sentence. The first offense you can pay to go to a rehab center for 3 days instead of jail. Now how many people go to the rehab center to get rehabilitated rather than just 'get out' of going to jail for 3 days? How about 3 days at both.

remember........ Guilty until proven innocent. Shit, I mean Innocent until proven guilty.

Oh that makes sense. Lets also make it so if a cop pulls you over for squealing your tires they can stab all 4 tires with a knife. Sounds great now that I think about it. 2 wrongs make a right amirite?!

how many people would do burnouts if the cops could stab your tires for it....

I'd vote for that law

how many people would do burnouts if the cops could stab your tires for it....

I'd vote for that law

Yeah but you shouldn't because that would be a stupid law. A better one would be if you are caught doing a burnout you should have to write a report on why it was unsafe to do a burnout. Then you would have to give an oral report in a high school in front of all the students about how "irresponsible" you were.

Waaaahhhhh, drinking is bad, wahhhhaaa. Anti-drinkers need to STFU.

I'm going to have another Strongbow and go driving. :D

You better be at alefest tomorrow with that kind of attitude ;) I will see you there! Maybe I will see 3 of you there.

P.S. I am paying for a designated driver to come with me so I will not be driving drunk.

Was that his first DUI? The article doesn't say.

The original newscast when it happened said he was a repeat offender, but didn't specify what offense it was.

Joe, I drink sometimes, so it's not "anti-drinkers". It's the stupid fucks who drive afterwards.

I don't have a problem if someone had a couple and drives.

My issue is with people who drive DRUNK. Big difference between having 3 beers in an hour and driving carefully vs. being drunk and driving. Lowering the BAC isn't useful; cracking down much harder on the DRUNK drivers is. .08 isn't drunk.

The law is too lenient on drunk drivers, even repeat offenders, in general.

Case in point. The link above that I posted says the guy, drunk, hit a minivan and killed six people (mostly children). He got 46 years.

If said guy had taken a gun and shot those six, we're looking at six consecutive life sentences, hopefully the death penalty. But being drunk is ok to kill people.

Start sticking needles in these fuckers, remove their rights. That's what this is all about.

It defies common sense to me.

If you are a drinker, you KNOW you are going to be drinking. Take a fkn taxi, have a friend drive. Hell, it is easier on you. I don't understand the desire TO DRIVE. Hell, even if you've only had a drink or two, knowing all that is at stake, call a cab or a friend.

:(

I can not go to erowid.org at work as it is a big drug reference webpage. If you search on there I will bet money you will find that DXM shows up on a drug test if you happen to have cough syrup in your system. If you search harder you can also find out how long it takes DXM to be removed naturally by your body.

100% correct It showed up as a Aphedimene(SP).

I did not relize it was only for repeat. I sorta agree with that, But man I hate something tahts so intrusive and look in texas the cops can do it.

The law is too lenient on drunk drivers, even repeat offenders, in general.

Case in point. The link above that I posted says the guy, drunk, hit a minivan and killed six people (mostly children). He got 46 years.

If said guy had taken a gun and shot those six, we're looking at six consecutive life sentences, hopefully the death penalty. But being drunk is ok to kill people.

Start sticking needles in these fuckers, remove their rights. That's what this is all about.

true

It defies common sense to me.

If you are a drinker, you KNOW you are going to be drinking. Take a fkn taxi, have a friend drive. Hell, it is easier on you. I don't understand the desire TO DRIVE. Hell, even if you've only had a drink or two, knowing all that is at stake, call a cab or a friend.

true, still why can't a regular field sobriety or breathilizer suffice? I think if they fail both there isn't any need to take blood with a repeat offender any prosecutor who can formulate a sentence could get a guilty with that case, no? Why the over the top unnecessary legislation?

maybe instead of this legislation we should pass a bill that punishes judges who slap offenders on the hand and then they hurt someone afterwards license or not

Buzz driving is drunk driving. Lowering the BAC is useful as it will make the average guy with a decent job and income and common sense think twice about fucking up his life before getting behind the wheel after a happy hour with his friends. Believe me, I fall into that category as do a ton of folks I work with. Buzz driving isn't worth the risk. Is it the end all be all fix...no, but it does help to lower the BAC and that's cool with me because if it saves even just one life, it's a good thing. Fuck the concerns of anyone who feels their rights to drink and drive > the rights of others to live.

I don't have a problem if someone had a couple and drives.

My issue is with people who drive DRUNK. Big difference between having 3 beers in an hour and driving carefully vs. being drunk and driving. Lowering the BAC isn't useful; cracking down much harder on the DRUNK drivers is. .08 isn't drunk.

Anthony is right fuck it if you can't get the hint not to drink and drive and then do it again you need your ass kicked. I have a friend that had his mom killed by a 3 time DUI puck he should have been killed by the cops on the spot if you ask me. So all in all fuck it don't drive drunk and you will be fine and if you have 2 DUIs to dam bad .

From what I found the half life of DXM is 12-48hrs. Depends on your size and the brand of product/dosage it contains.

Blood testing is way more accurate than a urine testing. Hence the reason why they are calling for blood to be taken, however, this bill does state they can force a urine test too.

The way I see it, if someone has two previous DUI's and is pissed because they have to give blood, and has DXM in their system....then they are really a HUGE dumb ass for mixing DXM and alcohol to begin with, let alone getting behind the wheel afterwards. They deserve to get stuck in the arm....but hopefully the cop will blow a bubble of air into their vein and the rest of us won't have to worry about that dumbass any longer.

Even more so there are a lot of over the counter drugs that show false positives on a drug test.

Do some research before making a response to me please.