cars is broke CREW

phil

sucks, i'd be making dad pay for a new engine--not necessarily an upgrade, but he has to make it right.

when you borrow someone's (anything), and break it due to your negligence, then you have to make it as good, or better than the condition you borrowed it--that's part of being a man. its not like the car randomly quit, it was damaged from clear negligence, assuming your story is correct (i don't know how it couldn't be)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sucks, i'd be making dad pay for a new engine--not necessarily an upgrade, but he has to make it right.

when you borrow someone's (anything), and break it due to your negligence, then you have to make it as good, or better than the condition you borrowed it--that's part of being a man. its not like the car randomly quit, it was damaged from clear negligence, assuming your story is correct (i don't know how it couldn't be)

+infinity

If your dad doesn't man up and fix your engine to the specs it was in prior to him borrowing it then you need to take away his man card and disown. LOL that last part was a bit hasty but I know I would be expecting him to take full responsibility in fixing it w/o me/you putting any money in it

I'd bail on the car. The interior was flooded meaning the electrical connections will begin to corrode, and any electronics that have been submerged will degrade. Even if they all operate now, it's only a matter of time before they go. I had a customer who bought a flood car and ended up spending $3000+ to fix modules, sensors, and electronics that died a year after he purchased it.

I'd bail on the car. The interior was flooded meaning the electrical connections will begin to corrode, and any electronics that have been submerged will degrade. Even if they all operate now, it's only a matter of time before they go. I had a customer who bought a flood car and ended up spending $3000+ to fix modules, sensors, and electronics that died a year after he purchased it.

QFT

Here at the carlot if we pick up a car at auction and we get it back here and notice flood damage. We ship it directly back to auction never touches the car lot.

thanks man, ill be sure your the first person I rock when I get it fixed

Man that is horrible. my buddy just ran his Subi through a flooded road, and fucked up his engine. he did an insurance claim and the bought him a brand new motor, top to bottem. all he had to pay was the deductible.

BTW i guess i wont be walking you this Sat. Lol

Good luck with the build!

Wait a year til the wiring starts taking a shit on you. In the end your going to be putting alot more then what you think into thsi car as now as everyone has said it's fucked. I had a 89 GTA that got wet when I left the t-tops out overnight, guess what it ran fine for a few months then POW! The harness started corroding like hell. Do yourself a favor and junk the car, buy a donor car and place your new shit in it. Sucks to hear but unless you want to start doing little shit everytime you turn around your fucked.

Edit: When I say the GTA was wet I mean about 2-3 inches of water on the floorboard.

Guest Removed
if he logged the engine with water , it more then likely bent a rod. you can not compress water! and liek everyone else said, the wiring will go south!