Texas man cleared of shooting suspected burglars

Pedro1647545510

He was ordered/instructed by someone with zero authority. The dispatchers are everyday people like you and me. That would be akin to me telling you over the phone to not do it. Would you listen cause I'm ordering you?

I've read 5 or 6 different articles about what entirely went on here. One of them said there was a plain clothed officer in an unmarked car that showed up out on the road moments before he shot the two theifs. The plain cloth officer didn't intervene in fear that he may be seen as a get away driver and/or shot too. He did say he saw the two thiefs take off towards Horn. Which in a situation like that would look threatening to Horn.

It's hard to tell though if that's a mis portrayal of the facts or not. If it's true, are most media outlets refusing to include that info so they can make it sound like murder as much as possible in light of the SCOTUS decision? Wouldn't be a surprise. But with the inability for any source to give all the details it's hard to determine anything.

If you don't they'll sue you later

Texas has a pretty good Castle Law for such things. It doesn't trump all instances, but trespassing on ones property is terms for deadly force. The Castle Law or Doctrine keeps the property/home owner safe from civil lawsuits.

Same thing Ohio's Castle Doctrine helps with.

yah, I couldn't understand being shot in the back either. One of the stories said the first guy took off towards Horn, then veered towards the road. Never clarified if he was still in the general direction of Horn or not. Again hard to tell?

About the wrongful death thing. I'm sure that's one of the things the Castle Doctrine won't free you of. It's not an end all to liability. Rather it makes it so the theif/burgler/rapist/etc can't frivolously sue the victims. But, the guys were trespassing, which in Texas, is a BIG no no. They just happened to be committing a burglary next door at the same time.

Texas is crazy. I saw a car repo show where the guy that got repo'd got in another vehicle and followed the tow truck shooting at them. The cops finally pulled them both over and let everybody go.

I repo'd for almost 3 yrs while in Texas. This was many years ago during another time I lived there. I had my cousin come with me one time. It was the last time he ever helped me. We ran through two yards and then into the woods behind someone's house running from two chicks that were shooting at us for trying to repo their car. Not the only time I'd been attacked, either. (Why I used to ask others to come with me. You always need eyes in the back of your head out there.)

Umm, getting shot for being a theif is a work-hazard. They chose that profession, knowing full well they can be shot.

Just like a cop knows he is in danger of being shot on the job. Or a Fireman of being burned.

I 100% support what this guy did. And imagine that, they were illegals too. But where are the bleeding heart liberals saying the illegals are just here trying to make an honest buck.

Think about it, if more crooks were shot and killed while doing a crime, wouldn't that send a pretty strong message to other would-be theives?