Racist sure is an odd term these days

Casper

So, the comic book character is a Cuban-Mexican kid who looks like a monkey. He helps his mom around the house doing chores and makes money delivering newspapers. And blacks are upset??? What the hell??? The character is Cuban-Mexican!!!! It isn't portraying blacks in any way, shape, or form. How in the hell can you call it racist!?

Cuban and Mexican are nationalities, like American. Black is a race. Mexican and Cuban people can be black. As a matter of fact, a lot of Cuban people are black. What it looks like is a caricature of a black person, like was posted earlier.

What is hilarious is thinking of the woman looking at that comic, then getting pissed while she thinks to herself, "Damn if that don't look like me!" :)

EDIT: After looking at the picture again, the "monkey" is wearing a do-rag, a backwards hat, a jersey, and a gold chain. She might have some merit in her concern.

• Downvote 1

EDIT: After looking at the picture again, the "monkey" is wearing a do-rag, a backwards hat, a jersey, and a gold chain. She might have some merit in her concern.

Can white people not wear those things? You're generalizing all blacks. You racist!!1

I just wish these companies would grow some balls.

"I find this product offensive."

"Thank you for your feedback, and we're sorry you feel that way."

"I want you to pull this product from your stores."

"We respect your opinion, however, we have ##millions of customers who are NOT offended by this product. We will not inconvienience the bulk of our customers over one complaint. This is America where the majority is supposed to rule, not a small vocal group. Have a nice day."

Can white people not wear those things? You're generalizing all blacks. You racist!!1

It does make me wonder just how much "racism" there would actually be if people would stop screaming "RACIST!" and claiming oppression at every opportunity.

Are maple trees sweeter in vermont? Like you cross the boarder from NY and wow this Maple Syrup is the tits....

Really?

BTW I get the syrup from my wife's friend whose family owns a Maple syrup farm in Indiana, I trade computer help for maple syrup. Yes I am that Fat. :)

I wonder what would happen if a white person complained? Honestly It kinda looks like old style cartoons how they would draw black people I understand her complaint about that. The comic is not from america so she doesnt have a right to bitch imo. People just take things to WAY to seriously.

Ohh and everyone leave aunt Jemima alone she makes my waffles and pancakes better so dont hate on her.

http://m1.cdn.spikedhumor.com/1/156949_racist_1_vw.jpg

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never seen that one before. That's hilarious. But no...... that's not racist. Nobody complained about that. And it really is stereotyping blacks, unlike the Mexican comic book which has nothing to do with blacks.

+1

Sorry, as a NewEnglander I have to say Vermont Maple Syrup is the best. No ways around it. But, I will add that Free Maple Syrup can make up for quite a bit.

This does remind me of a moment of sacrilege. I was visiting a friend at college in VT and we went to a local diner for breakfast. I ordered pancakes and when they arrved and I poured on my syrup, they tasted funny... Luckily my friend is somewhat of a cook. He tried them and it turns out that the diner was using a Simple Syrup instead of Maple.

SIMPLE F***ING SYRUP on my pancakes.. in VERMONT!

I nearly threw them at the waitress. It was the most horrible thing... Breakfast is sacred.