8 guys busted last night on 71

wnaplay1647545503

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the police officer came by to tell us to leave on the infamous Friday, he said the owner of the lot was responsible for having us removed. I have no idea, of course, if that was actually the case or not.

And if it was, who knows if the owner acted alone or under pressure or advice of the "authorities".

Lets be honest.

IF anyone was racing they better not say a damn thing on here as it would be admitting guilt.

The following is the story you will hear no matter what. No we were not racing.

True, I didnt think about that.

Wow, I heard about this all the way down here in SA,TX. Glad I am down here for a bit longer and not up there. I would hate to see my ass in jail and missing my vid cam. I must say, this made some good news for people to watch, so sorry for th people who lost their cars in this whole deal.

Yeah the proof that 3 of the 30 cars were racing. I for one wasnt.

Also...

4511.251 Street racing.

(A) As used in this section and section 4510.036 of the Revised Code, “street racing” means the operation of two or more vehicles from a point side by side at accelerating speeds in a competitive attempt to out-distance each other or the operation of one or more vehicles over a common selected course, from the same point to the same point, wherein timing is made of the participating vehicles involving competitive accelerations or speeds. Persons rendering assistance in any manner to such competitive use of vehicles shall be equally charged as the participants. The operation of two or more vehicles side by side either at speeds in excess of prima-facie lawful speeds established by divisions (B)(1)(a) to (B)(8) of section 4511.21 of the Revised Code or rapidly accelerating from a common starting point to a speed in excess of such prima-facie lawful speeds shall be prima-facie evidence of street racing.

(B) No person shall participate in street racing upon any public road, street, or highway in this state.

© Whoever violates this section is guilty of street racing, a misdemeanor of the first degree. In addition to any other sanctions, the court shall suspend the offender’s driver’s license, commercial driver’s license, temporary instruction permit, probationary license, or nonresident operating privilege for not less than thirty days or more than three years. No judge shall suspend the first thirty days of any suspension of an offender’s license, permit, or privilege imposed under this division.

---------------------------------

Part (A): Doesnt apply to me, even where it says "Persons rendering assistance in any manner to such competitive use of vehicles shall be equally charged as the participants" doesnt apply to us not racing either b/c we were in the right lane the whole time with the cruise control on.

Part (B) Doesnt apply to me.

I dont know what they have on us then?....I think they dont have a leg to stand on for those who werent racing and were just cruising.

Anthony

Anthony, first, I'm glad you're ok. Second, you should go back to school and become a lawyer, you have that gift.

I was so freaking busy with moving and work for the last week. I didn't have tv or internet for the whole last week. I only heard of this since yesterday from Eric. Good luck with everything.

We go to arraignment tomorrow morning and then who knows from there. They have to come forth with all the evidence they have at that point so we can see what they have.

i highly doubt they will show all their evidence at once. Only what they have to for the moment. Even if you put in for a discovery they can take their time getting it to you. Dont expect all of this to be dropped tomorrow. I think this is going to be a nice lengthy court process.

i highly doubt they will show all their evidence at once. Only what they have to for the moment. Even if you put in for a discovery they can take their time getting it to you. Dont expect all of this to be dropped tomorrow. I think this is going to be a nice lengthy court process.

Tomorrow, you will just plead not guilty, or guilty. and if you want a speedy trial or not.

Explain this????

Did Shamrock cause any damage or steal anything?

You have to put the car in reverse to completely shut it off since the car doesnt need a key, just a FOB. There was no damage to the car, Shamrock did a very good job towing and storing the car for me under the carport.

I dont expect this to take a minute, it will be long and drawn out.

You have to put the car in reverse to completely shut it off since the car doesnt need a key, just a FOB. There was no damage to the car, Shamrock did a very good job towing and storing the car for me under the carport.

I dont expect this to take a minute, it will be long and drawn out.

Your car is nice. I was down in Cbus for the goodguys show, saw you cruising around. Then later saw it on the news. :D

care to go into detail with that? If not care to share it in a PM.

Not hard to figure it out, some of the people that got caught are ratting out people who were just there and were not involved with this whole situation. I hope they are prepared to deal with both the consequinces that come with the legal issues and that come with ratting people out.

question? how can anyone be ratted out if we haven't even been to court yet to plea not guilty or guilty?

i heard a rumor today that a certin someone already made a plea bargin and his bail was lower than everyone else after being charged with more than 1 ticket.

question? how can anyone be ratted out if we haven't even been to court yet to plea not guilty or guilty?

i heard a rumor today that a certin someone already made a plea bargin and his bail was lower than everyone else after being charged with more than 1 ticket.

that sound like the normal around here. dont really think they would be much of a friend if this was the case though. anymore details??

Who do you think this person cares more about. You or themselves? more than likely they will do what it takes to save their own ass.

How come none of the info is showing up on Delaware county public access?

Alright so let me ask a question. Did the 8 people arrested in Delaware stop right away?

Then why are certain peoples lawyers asking for other peoples plates that were not involved in any of this.

Back up their story perhaps? Maybe to just show that they were obeying the law and this is their back up.

Or...........

They are trying to make a deal. I highly doubt that this would count for anything since it is one persons statement and could be considered hearsay. I might be wrong though.

Then why are certain peoples lawyers asking for other peoples plates that were not involved in any of this.

not sure, i know i haven't even decided on my lawyer yet pending on what happens tomorrow when i go to meet with him. called him saturday about 5:30 and he told me not to call him untill tomorrow night because he won't do anything with out a case number. feel free to PM me with questions as you weren't involved in any of this either.