What's Columbus Racing about; what's safe to discuss here?

excell

Recent actions by a few members of Columbus Racing and the ensuing backlash has prompted me to clarify the position of Columbus Racing and clearly explain what we're about:

First, so that all know, not only am I an administrator of Columbus Racing, I also host the forums and website in their entirety. My position with my company allows Columbus Racing to share a server in the best collocation data center in the Midwest with ridiculous amounts of bandwidth completely free of charge.

Columbus Racing, as an "entity", does not condone street racing or any other illegal activity and we adamantly encourage people to take it off of this forum. Columbus Racing exists solely for friendly banter and legal organization of like-minded individuals.

I will always cooperate with any legal investigation, without repulse, and every member should know that nothing is safe including private messages. I have many months (even years, in some cases) of complete backups and all are open and available to any member of the law.

Nothing is "safe" on the internet. If you want to do illegal crap, don't do it on the internet and certainly don't do it on our forum. I understand this may upset you, but I felt a reality-check was in order.

• Confused 1

racing in columbus!

no one sad this was cloumbus street racing. but lke said in another thread, the only way to stop the street racng talk around here is to delete every future post that deals with it.

pg 1 winner

Thats the same rules ohiogaming.net has. We get free server's on road runners back bone. Even free hardware but there are those simple rules.

I know that shit like this could make shit annoying for chris at his job. I know because my buddy who runs the servers has had issues where some douchebag complains to timewarner over a ban.

no one sad this was cloumbus street racing. but lke said in another thread, the only way to stop the street racng talk around here is to delete every future post that deals with it.

I will not delete or censor anything discussed. It's up the members of Columbus Racing to decide how much risk they're willing to take with their discussions.

I will not delete or censor anything discussed. It's up the members of Columbus Racing to decide how much risk they're willing to take with their discussions.

oh we'll it was worth a attempt.

It's embedded in database tables, and be extracted if someone really wants to. It's a time consuming process.

No, we just can't read them whenever and have no desire to. But CR is developing into more an automotive community than ever before, and it's up to the individual members to use their discretion on what they make public, even as a private forum.

I totally agree that it is up to the people posting to censor their own posts. We're all big kids....

It is the internet...nothing is safe and I'm surprised that some people are acting surprised that information is readily available from the past.

I had a great question PM'd to me (name omitted) and I'd like to share it with everyone:

Isnt that a violation of privacy as far as giving someone's pm's out? I dont know, that is why I am asking. This was never advised when signing up and I definately think it should be. I am sure it would change the way alot of people use them.

No, when using any online system everything you do becomes the property of the owner of the system with few exceptions. Certainly there are no exceptions when it's requested by law enforcement. I would never just hand over the database that contains private messages (or any part of CR) to just anyone who asked, but if requested by law I would have no choice and I would not fight it, which was the essence of my post.

Anything done electronically and most likely over the phone can be logged and traced.

Chris

sphincter muscles everywhere are puckering about now :D had to be said and well done.

I will always cooperate with any legal investigation, without repulse, and every member should know that nothing is safe including private messages. I have many months (even years, in some cases) of complete backups and all are open and available to any member of the law.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
even that kid had the decency to shuffle off the mortal coil before he hurt someone with his antics.

Now that's fucked up.

Chris was a great guy(I thought he was a d-bag before I actually met him). It's not funny to make fun of a kid whose life was taken away so early when he has plenty of friends on here.

• Casper unpinned this topic