Finally shot a moon pic

Tractor

I shot this one a couple weeks ago and just finally got around to processing it.

It was through my telescope so it was done at 2032mm F10 for the photogs.

Oh and 2 frames stacked to offset any atmospheric distortion though a little still appears near the north pole.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/EWhytsell/webmoon.jpg

Evan

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

how'd you take a picture through your telecscope? that picture is freaking awesome!

You use a t-adapter to connect the camera body to the telescope in place of the eye piece. In my scope currently that is a full frame image, I'm hoping the wife lets me get a focal reducer. It will enable me to go from F10 to F6.3 so the magnification will be reduced by around 40%.

Thorne I can send you a full res TIFF file thats 3.64MB 942 x 648 pixels instead of the 1mb limit that photobucket resizes to or I can make another from the original that will be around 40-50MB of data at 3888x2592 pixels.

Evan

Thats a powerful scope to get the moon campfire scene:-) But seriously I guess there are shots floating around with the shadows of some of the equipment left on the moon. I'm guessing you'd have to get it at the right time just as the equipment was crossing the light/dark terminator.

I've never seen the shots, only heard of them so who knows.

Evan