Top Gear...

zeitgeist57

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This weeks episode was the last one of the season :( Sucks they only do 6 shows a season. On the other hand it was HILARIOUS when they were competing against the Germans.

But there will be 8 more starting October. Yay. :cool:

Yeah, I wasn't all that impressed with this season, to be honest. The 8C presentation was incredible, the GTR race was entertaining, but nothing "groundbreaking". Top gear stunt man sucks... end of story

I have seasons 4-8 on my laptop, 9-11 on my desktop...

What's going on with top gear, my old roommate has been recording these, they are labeled as "new" episodes, and they are old stuff?? I thought someone posted up the new season was running currently??

BBC America runs them about a year or two after they are released overseas. (And cut them up to run in an American TV format) The episodes you get from finalgear are uncut and from the actual broadcasts overseas.

I've noticed that the BBC America commercials are very misleading. They say they're "all new", but they're actually showing season 6 while the new season that just ended was season 11. The season BBC America just finished airing was newer than the "all new" one they're showing now!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Update on the american version. NBC cancelled it. The episodes already filmed MAY air on a cable channel. I'm 50/50 on this. I really expected the US version to suck, but I'm disappointed NBC didn't give it a chance.

http://jalopnik.com/5108040/nbc-cuts-top-gear-usa-due-to-knight-rider-failure

Due to the failure of Knight Rider and expected production costs, NBC has decided to pass on Top Gear USA. The BBC's shopping the US rendition of the hit show to interested cable outlets.

Although the Top Gear website's claiming they took a pass on the Peacock, our sources at both NBC and the BBC tell us the brightly-colored feathered network passed on an opportunity to tie up the show after the failure of the new Knight Rider series and expected high production costs associated with the show.

So, rather than tie up the franchise with a deal or an extension, they've cut Top Gear USA free to search for a new home. Top Gear's website claims interested parties are available on cable and to expect a deal shortly. We remain hopeful they'll be able to find a backer with enough money on hand to really do the show right.

- I'm looking into TG Australia.

- About to indulge in the most recent episode (12x06) of OG Top Gear. :p

- Currently watching 5th Gear

Yeah, I'm a Nerd. :)

5th Gear is gayer than Clay Aiken.

And American Top Gear is NOT, NOT canceled. Its going to be done on cable channels. NBC doesn't think it will do good enough on broadcast TV, but they still plan to own partial rights to it.

5th Gear is gayer than Clay Aiken.

I enjoy some of the reviews they do.

And American Top Gear is NOT, NOT canceled. Its going to be done on cable channels. NBC doesn't think it will do good enough on broadcast TV, but they still plan to own partial rights to it.

This is how I interpreted it when I read it on FinalGear.com yesterday.

Did they HONESTLY think the new remake of Knight Rider would be popular???

nope it relied too much on the sexual humor and relationship crap. They would have done better just redoing the old episodes.

for everyone saying top gear america will suck, the only people that will make it suck are you guys. name me a better car show airing in the states right now(top gear on BBC america doesnt count, since they destroy each episode befor airing them). yea, you cant. no matter how much worse it is than international top gear, its better than anything we have now. you dont want to watch it? cool, good for you. i'll be over here thoroughly enjoying it though.

as for full top gear episodes, i suggest THIS LINK, because torrents suck.

• Downvote 1

negstive. I, an American, have no problem with car shows. Love top gear, sunday at 4 im on finalgear.com loading away. As a kid i would watch car and driver on PBS in the mornings. There are no good car shows because Amurica is inlove with mullet cruizer nascar. 3 years ago speed turned into nascar central....

Ive been involved with everything from offroading, to NASA, to what was the Coolers cup(now the ASA), to drag bikes. fuck the brand, or the style. if its fast im down. Even with my diverse stance on cars, the US hasent produced a good car show in my life time, and certinaly not one that would parrell UK's top gear.

for everyone saying top gear america will suck, the only people that will make it suck are you guys. name me a better car show airing in the states right now(top gear on BBC america doesnt count, since they destroy each episode befor airing them). yea, you cant. no matter how much worse it is than international top gear, its better than anything we have now. you dont want to watch it? cool, good for you. i'll be over here thoroughly enjoying it though.

as for full top gear episodes, i suggest THIS LINK, because torrents suck.

Update on the american version. NBC cancelled it. The episodes already filmed MAY air on a cable channel. I'm 50/50 on this. I really expected the US version to suck, but I'm disappointed NBC didn't give it a chance.

http://jalopnik.com/5108040/nbc-cuts-top-gear-usa-due-to-knight-rider-failure

Shit. Because Knight Rider is the best thing to compare it to. :rolleyes: Stupid. I couldn't even watch an entire episode of that horseshit.

A little 5th gear/ top gear info:

Top Gear didn't used to be the same show you all know and love and was actually put on hiatus for quite sometime. This is where fifth gear came in and took over. They originally wanted to call themselves Top Gear, but the BBC brass (I believe) said no f'n way. This leads me to believe they had plans of bringing it back already or at least protecting the name, etc. Eventually, TG came back in it's current format, for the most part. Fifth Gear does seem to have one thing, lot's of funding. That's the short of it. I'm sure plenty of info was left out by me.

No, not anywhere as entertaining as Top Gear, then again, neither is Top Gear Australia, but I still watch them all. I especially like when they test similar cars. I like seeing the varying opinions, tests, etc. I watch Fifth, TG Aus., etc to be informed; I watch Top Gear UK to be informed AND entertained. :)