Porsche Club of America Mid Ohio education day

coty061885

So I just got an email from Byers about a Driver Education event at Mid Ohio in August: two days for $300. Sounds a lot like an HPDE day, but more laid back and more expensive. Anyone know more about this and if it's worth the extra money?

So I just got an email from Byers about a Driver Education event at Mid Ohio in August: two days for $300. Sounds a lot like an HPDE day, but more laid back and more expensive. Anyone know more about this and if it's worth the extra money?

If it's the 18th-19th it's a standard PCA DE. Still, It's def. a worthwhile time and $300 for a DE at Mid Ohio is fairly cheap...but it is on a Monday-Tuesday so that's why the rate is lower than normal for this time of year.

I'm still trying to decide if I'm doing that event or an open lapping day with a different group. I'm leaning towards the PCA event as I'm hoping attendence will be lower due to being Monday Tuesday.

Andy

If it's the 18th-19th it's a standard PCA DE. Still, It's def. a worthwhile time and $300 for a DE at Mid Ohio is fairly cheap...but it is on a Monday-Tuesday so that's why the rate is lower than normal for this time of year.

I'm still trying to decide if I'm doing that event or an open lapping day with a different group. I'm leaning towards the PCA event as I'm hoping attendence will be lower due to being Monday Tuesday.

Andy

Let me know what you are doing.

I would totally be in if it were a weekend, and if I had something else to take besides my daily. I just need to realize sometimes that I'm a poor college kid and need to be patient.

I've found MId week to be WAY better. Less crowded, more laid back, cheaper...really can't go wrong even if you're in a daily.

I drive back home at night...probably a wash with gas prices these days between that and a Hotel but I can sleep in my own bed and be assured to be comfortable. Plus I live right at Polaris and it's like 45 minutes from my front door to the gate in the morning...not really a big deal.

I have to decide by the end of the week if I'm doing this PCA event or another lapping day that I'm looking at.