Newbie here

Fubar231

Whats up everyone. Im shane, 17 years old, heard about CR at polaris, the weekend before it got busted or something who remembers. Im just posting up on here to try and find a new place to meet mainly since polaris is bunk now, and also trying to find some parts possibly. My current ride and first ride is a 89 supra turbo MK3, MA70 not 71. Got it a few months ago and trying to piece it back together. Right now its currently having valve stems, and a MHG put in. Due to my old HG blowing on me. Got a lot of plans for the car but nothing to serious. Its an automatic (Start hatin now). Current mods are just simple monitoring style mods mostly, boost gauge, egt gauge, AEM 6in1 Wideband AFR, greddy turbo timer, brembo rotors w/ ebc pads around. Not much yet, but its gettnig there. Heres a picture of my baby.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/SevereSarz/Rims.jpg

Heres some pictures i took for another forum.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/SevereSarz/ProCompUltraLightBoostVacGauge.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/SevereSarz/Rearrotor.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/SevereSarz/RearEBCRedstuffPads.jpg

Once i get my car back ill probably post some more pictures.

Later guys.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh thanks for the welcome. I know holy shit a MK3 blew a headgasket, wait what again? I just hope the MHG holds. I bought a stopper style instead of a bead style, and arp studs, to try and MAKE sure this doesn't happen again. I doubt after i get the injectors and crank it up to 17.5lbs-18lbs itll hold haha.

Heh thanks for the welcome. I know holy shit a MK3 blew a headgasket, wait what again? I just hope the MHG holds. I bought a stopper style instead of a bead style, and arp studs, to try and MAKE sure this doesn't happen again. I doubt after i get the injectors and crank it up to 17.5lbs-18lbs itll hold haha.

Are you having the head/block machined ? The new head gasket will only go so far for this problem. Have the head and block machined properly, and combined with a good gasket, you'll never have this problem again. Shortcut it now, and you'll just pay 3x as much in pain and discomfort in the end.

The auto is already somewhat modified. It was rebuilt with stronger internals and a stronger torque converter. Thats about it though, i heard the stock supra tranny the A340E or somethin like that, is good to about 350-400hp to the flywheel. Since i got it beefed up a little im hoping itll hold good at 400hp, or around.

EDIT: Yes the head and block are being pulled out of the car, acid dipped, xrayed, and machined if it has to be wich it probably will. Im making sure this doesnt happen again, or trying my hardest.

Lol nice, i like to see people in automatics winning. Theres one perk i have found too having a boosted auto car, my boost doesn't despool inbetween shifts. Unlike EVO MR's and such when they shift they have to wait for there 22+ Lbs of boost to spool, mine rises and i go hahahaha.

And the reason i say that, when i say i drive a auto supra all i do is get blammed.

The third gen supras actually have a button to where you dont have to shift it yourself. ECT - Electronically controlled transmission. Its basically running it through the gears yourself. When you floor it, with ECT on, it wil hit redline then shift. It wont shift like 1,000 rpms eairly or whatever. I normally run it though the gears myself though, with ect on :D

Hal. What kind of turbo's are those in front of the wheaties box? They look to be descent sized. Does anyone know people who rebuild/bore out turbo's? I got the stock CT-26, and instead of ordering a 57 Trim CT-26 for 625$ from driftmotion, i would rather have someone locally make it like a 60-1 or something.

Oh, please take a look at this.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/SevereSarz/PICT0012.jpg

Car came like this. Im ordering a new passenger door handle, but i didn't feel like buying a whole new door. Anybody good with body work / bondo?

Also, looking for someone to remove rust from my passenger quarter pannel. Sanded down, bondo'd, painted, etc.

Nice nice, thanks. Does he paint too? Im trying to get all my body work done, then gettin my supra painted pearl white on bottom, and jet black on top. Kinda exactly like the corvette that got caught drag racing on I-71. Putting black wheels on it with a chrome lip.

Hal. What kind of turbo's are those in front of the wheaties box? They look to be descent sized. Does anyone know people who rebuild/bore out turbo's? I got the stock CT-26, and instead of ordering a 57 Trim CT-26 for 625$ from driftmotion, i would rather have someone locally make it like a 60-1 or something.

Beware the GT35Rs.

Hahahahahahaha, dont even start with that man. Ive wanted to do white/black on my car since wayyyyyyy before i saw that car at polaris. I looked over the first time i saw that was was like, ARE YOU FUCKIN SERIOUS! He beat me too it! Fuck! lol. I think itll look really good on the supra, with the carbon fiber JDM front lip and a big ol FMIC.

Oh yeah, and not trying to be rude about this but can i get privlages to other forums/etc. Im trying to send that 360iroc guy a message but it says i cannot do that.

Hello fellow MK3 Supra owner. Just a heads up there is a TSB out for the torque on the head bolts, I don't remember exactly what it is right off hand, but they did raise the torque specs. If you want to run 350-400hp I would seriously consider just stepping up and buying a HKS head gasket. The one on my car was around $350, especially if you are considering running 17-18lbs. You may also want to consider forged pistons, the stock internals don't like much more than 15lbs. I bought my car non-running and was supposedly dynoed around 400hp at 14.7lbs. You don't need to run crazy boost to be where you want to be.

Welcome and feel free to ask me any questions. I think I have seen the car at the meets, I have the white MR2 that was at the meets every once and awhile.