Newbie here

Fubar231

Yeah, i know what your saying sean. The shop i took it too (AutoAssets) hasn't ordered the headgasket yet, but HKS-GReddy, and one other brand, Blitz i think, are the only 3 that make MHG Stopper Style gaskets. Thats what im getting so its good to go. Toyota's HG's came around 50-55 LBS from factory back in the day, then recalled in late 92 eairly 93 i believe to be cranked to 74 ft lbs. I might take my reciept to toyota after this and see if i can get some money back or something. Toyota knows its there own flaw.

And jease david, you trying to confuse me or what man.

And by the way, your avatar reminds me of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVBQcaEc1C0

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i was originally going to order the stage 5 boss series turbo from suprasport.

http://www.suprasport.com/BOSS-SS-Series-Turbo_p_216-756.html

But then i realized i dont need to go that big, and if a 57-60 trim CT-26 can handle up to about 500 hp thats all i need. And why not keep it stock/sleeper lookin then just be like hahabhooostwhooshgone. Know what im sayin? lol

The third gen supras actually have a button to where you dont have to shift it yourself. ECT - Electronically controlled transmission. Its basically running it through the gears yourself. When you floor it, with ECT on, it wil hit redline then shift. It wont shift like 1,000 rpms eairly or whatever. I normally run it though the gears myself though, with ect on :D

Some people still can't shift gears right though.

I suppobse, i just re-read that first page and i finally got the turbo thing. Definitly confused myself on that one. Forgot i asked you what those were, thought you just posted randomly, BEWARE OF THE GT35R turbos lol.

Yeah, i know what your saying sean. The shop i took it too (AutoAssets) hasn't ordered the headgasket yet, but HKS-GReddy, and one other brand, Blitz i think, are the only 3 that make MHG Stopper Style gaskets. Thats what im getting so its good to go. Toyota's HG's came around 50-55 LBS from factory back in the day, then recalled in late 92 eairly 93 i believe to be cranked to 74 ft lbs. I might take my reciept to toyota after this and see if i can get some money back or something. Toyota knows its there own flaw.

And jease david, you trying to confuse me or what man.

And by the way, your avatar reminds me of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVBQcaEc1C0

Good things come to those who wait.

You should pick up the DVD. It's worth watching (In regards to the clip with the Cobra).

I already saw the dvd. Don't remember who but one of my friends had it. Does anyone happen to have the video "Chasing the Togue". Ive wanted to see that video so bad, but i don't want to pay 15 bucks to watch it once you know. I hate how the video cuts off where the mustang is drifting for a second, because afterwords the cobra keeps dippin for like 30 more seconds.

Yeah, i know what your saying sean. The shop i took it too (AutoAssets) hasn't ordered the headgasket yet, but HKS-GReddy, and one other brand, Blitz i think, are the only 3 that make MHG Stopper Style gaskets. Thats what im getting so its good to go. Toyota's HG's came around 50-55 LBS from factory back in the day, then recalled in late 92 eairly 93 i believe to be cranked to 74 ft lbs.

Yeah that sounds about right, good luck with your build!

Yeah, i hope so. Ill definitly post some pictures of there work. Ill be there when they tighten down the headgasket for the second time after drivin roughly 1000 miles to ensure all the HG slack. If anybody still goes out to polaris, im normally with a kid w/ a green camaro f body style with the MASSIVE WING, or the kid with the silver mustang that says jizz on the back ahahahahahahaha.

I thought ebc red stuff pads were bad for street cars, something about them having to heat up before working to their potential.

I run Reds all year round and not had that issue. They stop, trust me, I'm on my second pair. They eat Brembo rotors like a fat kid eats cake.

If anybody still goes out to polaris, im normally with a kid w/ a green camaro f body style with the MASSIVE WING, or the kid with the silver mustang that says jizz on the back ahahahahahahaha.

Is that the gay ass silver mustang with black wheels that laps the parking lot and flies around like a complete tool? Do you by chance know the guy with the black tiburon with lambo doors?

Crossle haha right on it if its the mustang with the bullet rims, black inside and a chrome lip, the 4.6v8 mustang yep, and yeah i know the kid with the tiburon and the disgusting white front bumper, i keep fucking with him saying OH DAMN I FORGOT THE BLACK SPRAYPAINT AGAIN! lmao. And yeah i dont know why the kid with the mustang wont ever race anyways. hes like i know what my car has i don't need to prove it. Well you need to prove it to everyone else before you walk around like a fuckin douche and just be a cunt to everyone lol.Throne, working on it man. After i get the car back from the shop, getting a turbo back exhaust, then new injectors, afm. And by then i should be able to run 17-18 lbs of boost before i hit fuel cut.

And my brake pads, ebc greenstuff on the front, and redstuff on the rear. Don't ask why lol. CHRISTMAS CARRRRRRRRRR

yeah, he always revs his shit but only when we leave, its not like the kid with the tiburon when hes like OMFG SOMEONE ELSE REVVED *runs to car and starts it up* VRRRRRBIDDINGDINGDINGINDgINDGINGG lol.

Is the guy with the 1500HP IPS Corvette on this forums? The Orange one... 08 Z06 w/ a massive fucking turbo.

Taken out in edit

run 14.7psi before you hit fuel cut. I believe Crossle's has the HKS HG on it, I have wrenched on the car with the previous owner. Exhaust, intake, and boost controller really wake that car up. But I see you already have a new boost gauge, the factory one fails.

Well, we've already kinda met from your pm's, but welcome again. Your torque setting on your head will depend on whether you're using headbolts or headstuds. However, you are on the right track. I used a greddy mhg on my 90 but went with a cometic for my 89 (current car).

For an auto car, you should really, no you absolutely should, buy an aftermarket a/t cooler. Dunno where you live, but I'm filled with endless supra info if you ever wanna come by and shoot the shit. I live in south delaware about 15min from Powell/Polaris. Just drop me a pm. I'm home all day during the week. I'd rather talk than type.

As far as stock internals go, there are people currently running 700+ on stock bottom ends.

Crossle haha right on it if its the mustang with the bullet rims, black inside and a chrome lip, the 4.6v8 mustang yep, and yeah i know the kid with the tiburon and the disgusting white front bumper, i keep fucking with him saying OH DAMN I FORGOT THE BLACK SPRAYPAINT AGAIN! lmao.

The guy in the mustang does race...in the parking lot like a tool. Tell him to park his shit and walk around instead of doing that stupid shit. I hope the Tiburon blows up when I'm there so I can laugh. Such ignorance for other peoples cars.....

Crossle, the tibby did blow up once. PS Pump blew and poof massive smoke out from under the hood haha. The kid in the mustang does park, just, rarely... And ImUrOGBYN or w/e id love to meetup and supra talk for a while. Cars in the shop right now but who knows when it will be out. Im going to run 85lbs on my studs. Im getting a cometic bead style headgasket, with ARP studs. Slimpsy, thanks! The cars clean, but boy o boy does it have problems hahaha. Working on getting it back into running (good) state.

ImUrOGBYN or w/e id love to meetup and supra talk for a while.

How does that go exactly ...

"Hey bro, kickass Supra !"

"No bro, kickass Supra to you !"

"No WAAAAAAYYYY BRO !!! KICKASS SUPRA TO YOOOOOOOUUUUUU !"

Cause thats how EVO talk goes.

Haha nice. About hitting Fuel Cut on the 7mgte. Someone said its 14.7 lbs but i cant really believe that. For every 1000 feet above sea level you are the air is more pressurized, and being high or lo air can affect that too. Not saying our fuel cut isnt 14.7lbs, but what im saying is if i tuned it to 14.7 lbs, some days it might be fine, then the next (If it rains or something) the air pressure could change and then i could be hitting FC all day long. Im just gonna put it to 10-11 lbs untill i get my injectors and new AFM, so i don't have to get out the car and mess with it every day.

As far as the A/T cooler goes, i got a CS&F radiator, all metal, with the A/T cooler built in. Cant really tell if it works any better because the fucking headgasket went the same day lmao. Do you know of any good aftermarket a/t coolers? Also, if i got a a/t cooler that wasnt built into the radiator, could i get a full aluminum radiator *Wich are suppobsedly for manuals only cause has no A/T cooler*

How does that go exactly ...

"Hey bro, kickass Supra !"

"No bro, kickass Supra to you !"

"No WAAAAAAYYYY BRO !!! KICKASS SUPRA TO YOOOOOOOUUUUUU !"

Cause thats how EVO talk goes.

Can i put the evo talk in retrospective?

"Hey man sick evo!"

"O shit man look at your evo"

"Man i love evos"

"Me too"

"evos"

"evos evos"

"God i love evos"

Something like that?