Hi, I'm new

DrJaymez

I'm a doctor in residency. Looking at getting into legal speed stuff. Thinking about buying an early 90s 5.0Mustang or similar to do some quarter miles and whatnot. Just want to find out what is out there. I have no idea what I am getting myself into, but I think I'll like it.

My current car is an '03 V70 wagon. no turbo. Not thinking of doing much with it.

• Upvote 1

I'm a doctor in residency. Looking at getting into legal speed stuff. Thinking about buying an early 90s 5.0Mustang or similar to do some quarter miles and whatnot. Just want to find out what is out there. I have no idea what I am getting myself into, but I think I'll like it.

My current car is an '03 V70 wagon. no turbo. Not thinking of doing much with it.

If you want a mint fox, check K.A.R Mustangs when you get in the market. I've had my eye on a 93 Cobra for a second.

get a newer mustang, and add a blower, or go LSx. what residency are you doing??

Wow, this thread is bigger than I expected.

So, yeah. I'm a doctor, not a cop. I'm in combined Internal Medicine/Pediatrics. I post on other more geeky forums under this same username.

The Fox was the Mustang of my childhood.

I think I want to drag race.

The LSX looks like a sweet motor, but I'm not sure Chevy is my thing. Although I was a fan of the 80s Camaro body style as well.

So, yeah. I'm a doctor, not a cop. I'm in combined Internal Medicine/Pediatrics. I post on other more geeky forums under this same username.

The LSX looks like a sweet motor, but I'm not sure Chevy is my thing. Although I was a fan of the 80s Camaro body style as well.

I didnt think i liked LSX motors either but the more and more i come to meets and see more and more LSX's,the more i find out i really want one.

you could ditch the volvo, and go with a G8 or GTO--solid cars that you can drive to work AND modify as well--i drove my GTO to work quite a bit last year.

its hard to find a solid fox mustang that won't frustrate the shit out of you from time to time--as well as consume time that you may not have during your residency.

good luck in residency--try to get in on medical house officer moonlighting at mount carmel east hospital (i knew at least one med/peds guy that did this) and you can have whatever car you want during your residency.