CMH and checking a gun

evan9381

you probably weren't present when they qualified at 50'

you've watched, i've done it.

thanks for playing.

ROFL, whatever, we watched them every year until they stopped using our facilities because they wanted somewhere "more private"

If you are not a Genoa township cop, I don't want to hear shit.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have proven in past threads on this subject that you are against CCW, a "left winger" and paranoid of guns. Thats all, John. Seriously, that is it

Wait, who's to say I haven't been swayed by all your sermonizing? After all, all the talking you do isn't just to hear the metaphorical sound of your own voice, isn't it? Maybe my opinion on the subject has changed. I mean, people's opinions can change, right? Or is that too radical a thought for you?

• Downvote 1

Wait, who's to say I haven't been swayed by all your sermonizing? After all, all the talking you do isn't just to hear the metaphorical sound of your own voice, isn't it? Maybe my opinion on the subject has changed. I mean, people's opinions can change, right? Or is that too radical a thought for you?

You said it, I did not.

ROFL, whatever, we watched them every year until they stopped using our facilities because they wanted somewhere "more private"

If you are not a Genoa township cop, I don't want to hear shit.

Do you have a public or private range? me thinks a public since it wasn't "private" enough for them.

consider this...

most cops would not want to qualify at an open range where it's crowded with people. esp when they don't know who they are.

They didn't want some place more private because they'd rather act in a wanton manner that would jeopardize everything they've worked for.

give me a break.

Do you have a public or private range? me thinks a public since it wasn't "private" enough for them.

consider this...

most cops would not want to qualify at an open range where it's crowded with people. esp when they don't know who they are.

They didn't want some place more private because they'd rather act in a wanton manner that would jeopardize everything they've worked for.

give me a break.

Private, blows your theory doesn't it

What the fuck is this, Hypothetical Bullshit Day?

Chew on this; in the State of Ohio, since the CCW permit laws were passed, there has not been ONE unjustified shooting by a CCW permit holder. NOT ONE.

yes, this is hypothetical day. i hope anyone who carries a gun in public has thought through absolutely EVERY hypothetical situation, no matter how vague, or how improbable it seems. shooting someone for any reason, no matter how justified, is a permanent decision that cannot be taken back.

If he's a Genoa Cop, Then that is one hell of a drive from Lancaster to Delaware Co to go to work. :) BTW Fuck Genoa Township, I have been pulled over for profiling a few times and been told, "I just want to see who you are". I was pulled over by a female officer after she said she clocked me at 75 in a 55. I first saw her lights more than a mile behind me, I pulled off the road (Route 3) because I thought she was on a run somewhere, she slid in the grass and almost rear ended me. I had 3 witnesses (A friend and his wife, and my wife) that stated to her that we were doing the speed limit, she then asked for EVERYONE'S IDs in the car, took them ran them and came back and issued me a warning for something I didn't do, and she knew I didn't do. I have been pulled over at least 5 times in Genoa and never received a citation. They have nothing to do except waste tax dollars and my time if I drive there. They are as crooked at New Rome was.

If he's a Genoa Cop, Then that is one hell of a drive from Lancaster to Delaware Co to go to work. :)

Basically we are getting...

"I am in no way affiliated with them, have no clue how that department does things, and have never seen them do it, but I can tell you that you are wrong."

Basically you're missing the point.

Police officers are sworn to obide by opota standards. IE qualifying at 50' yearly . i can take a picture of my qualification sheet from opota if you are unsure of the standards.

it's highly unlikely they were shooting at 30' to qualify...but marking down 50

that's all i'm saying

just for you, LJ

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/9159/pictureyf4.jpg

Basically you're missing the point.

Police officers are sworn to obide by opota standards. IE qualifying at 50' yearly . i can take a picture of my qualification sheet from opota if you are unsure of the standards.

it's highly unlikely they were shooting at 30' to qualify...but marking down 50

that's all i'm saying

just for you, LJ

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/9159/pictureyf4.jpg

You can beleive what you want....

They had us marking off 10 (30') and 12(36') yards for them because our pistol house is 20 yards (60').

We did this 4 years in a row for them, then they decided that they wanted to go to New Albany where they could lock the whole range down, even from members. Don't know if they are still there or not.

Sunbury qualifies from the 60' because they want to stand in the pistol house in front of the fans when they qualify.

And 80% on a life size target from 16 yards is still a joke.

It sounds like you carry a firearm often. Why?

Self Defense. At the moment your life or loved ones life is in danger, no one but you are responsible for your/their safety. Relying on anyone else, whether its a stranger, police officer, or the Government, to interject and stop the situation is increasing the time that said situation can go from fucked up, to deadly.

It's one persons personal choice on whether they would rather take control of their own life's, or rely on someone else. Some of us choose to have the opportunity to defend ourselves lawfully should we have to, and not wait for someone else to show up.

That what you're looking for?

Self Defense. At the moment your life or loved ones life is in danger, no one but you are responsible for your/their safety. Relying on anyone else, whether its a stranger, police officer, or the Government, to interject and stop the situation is increasing the time that said situation can go from fucked up, to deadly.

It's one persons personal choice on whether they would rather take control of their own life's, or rely on someone else. Some of us choose to have the opportunity to defend ourselves lawfully should we have to, and not wait for someone else to show up.

That what you're looking for?

Absolutely; that was succinct, pointed, and informative. Thanks.

Of course, the question was initially directed toward the Evan guy, but apparently he doesn't feel like answering my question. Oh well, you'll have that from time to time. Regardless, thanks for your reply; I appreciate the insight.

There's a match in August sometime here in Ohio. Can't remember where, but I'm getting more info on it shortly.

There is a match in Urbana in August and a match in Pickaway County in Sept.

I agree completely. Let the Police take care of the public domain.

Once Castle Doctrine goes into effect, a man's home = His castle. I don't even think I've heard a case of a CCW permit holder actually try to stop any robbery or hostage type situation. I did see a pretty funny video of a suspect coming into a gas station with a firearm, only to be met with an off duty officer pulling his firearm.