Pics of New Ride

TTQ B4U

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see it. I drove the GTI and really liked it. Just didn't come to alignment on pricing for the fully loaded baby. Now of course I don't have exactly the same equipment here either, but the MS3 I have has most of what they offer minus the Navi.

MPG wise, I'm tracking a little lower today, but now I'm getting used to the mazda tranny and can play more. VW and Honda > Mazda on tranny IMO, but it's a matter of getting used to it. Anything above my GXP's average is simply a bonus in my pocket :D

thats a pretty sweet ride. i got a loaded 08 gti for about what you paid ( a little less actually). i get around 38mpg at 70mph on the highway on the flats. nice ride anyways!

You're on. You pick the track. I'm bringing out the the oxygen tank to revive my ass at the end of the quarter mile.

Here's my boost:

http://www.sport2000.net/images/SpeedTrainerBK.jpg

Hawt ride. 40 Roll me? lol

Intake

Shift Kit

Rear Sway Bar....although I'm waiting as the stock setup is very tight.

are all going on in the next 30 days. May do wheels/tires next spring. Depends on my approach this winter. May just peel the stock rubber on their now off, put onto a nice set of summer wheels and buy some winter shoes for these rims.

I'd love to do a Turbo Back Exhaust, but from what I've read (Mind you, it's the internet) Several MS3 folks are blowing turbo seals and getting some oil blow-back into the intake causing lots of smoke at idle, all following the TBE.

I have to do my research and talk to those in the know as that's a big deal, not a little problem. Some are putting catch-cans in place, but to me that's a band-aid to the problem. I'm not a turbo expert so I can't say.

I would like a Front Mount Intercooler too, but am not sure how the above is going to work out. It's too early for me to tell if there are any heat-soak issues to worry about.

Tune.....that will be further down the road once I get my go-fast mods figured out.

Right now the intake is so, so restrictive.....I can see it just by opening up the stock box. Should respond nicely....more so than one would think.

Silly, but I'm having my old Kicker amp/sub installed as I type :D Stock Bose system is no better than any stock system. It's like the Monsoon in my GXP :o Adding my amp/sub will make it pretty nice. Definitely enjoyable and for only $100.

What are your future mods? the car could still be super reliable with a decent turbo upgrade and all the supporting mods. I know you have a warrenty, but you could always take the stuff off like most evo guys end up doing.