Pre-Nup

John Bruh

Anyone know anything about these. Im gonna get married but i would like to have one incase things go sower. anyone have and suggestions on what lawyer to use?

How long does it take to get one and how much does it cost for lawyer fees

• Upvote 1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im not asking for stupid fucking comments, but just anyone know of a lawyer to call and how much$

Try to look beyond the sarcasm and and grasp the concept. If you do not trust yourself or this woman with every fiber of your being, don't get married. Same should go for her.

That being said, I've got this program. It works. The attorneys are top notch and you don't get railed with high billable hours.

https://www.prepaidlegal.com/

Best of luck to you.

Seriously, why all the lame ass replies? IMO, a pre-nup is the only way to go. And, might I say, if you and your significant other love each other as much as you say you do, then neither of you should have a problem signing a pre-nup.

I know have a recommendation for an excellent family relations attorney, if you'd like it.

If you do not trust yourself or this woman with every fiber of your being, don't get married. Same should go for her.

QFT

Marriage is forever. IMHO getting a prenup only sets an expectation of failure.

Ok am i the only one thinking what possibly could a 20yr old have that is so valuable that he would need a prenup? Because if you earn things while you are together then it was done as a team and she would deserve some of it if things went sour...maybe im wrong here

I've been happily married twice.....if you have something you want to protect make her ass sign a prenup. Don't listen to the marriage is forever bullshit because divorce statistics say that's not the case. Your little honey bunch turns into a cut throat bitch and will try to take the shirt off you back and leave you for dead.

Like was said above, make sure you get a lawyer to write it and make it air tight because even with prenups they still have a way of getting at your shit.

good luck with the wedding :lol:

Not having a pre-nup is about as smart as not wearing a seatbelt. Both are preventive measures that you can easily enact to protect you from something that you absolutely, without a doubt, cannot ever fathom predict occuring in the future.

Are pre-nups unromantic? Sure. But are they the smart choice to protect you financially - and even emotionally - in the event the unspeakable occurs? Absolutely.

Ok am i the only one thinking what possibly could a 20yr old have that is so valuable that he would need a prenup? Because if you earn things while you are together then it was done as a team and she would deserve some of it if things went sour...maybe im wrong here

That's what I was thinking. Maybe a sweet inheritance? :confused:

I do kinda have to say damn, you're really rolling in the money. as for the prenup, hell yes get it. Agreed it will seem unromantic, but current divorce courts are heavily weighed towards the woman who would be so 'helpless' should they get a divorce. Saying a prenup is garunteeing you'll get a divorce is like saying gearing up completely for riding a motorcycle is garunteeing that you're going to go out and crash.

Since he posted he has a $200K house and 3 vehicles, this won't really mean much...but:

I will never say "I do" before I have a little signed paper, for the simple fact that we (my family) own and operate a fairly successful business, and it has been that way for about 50 years...it was here before her, and will be after her, whether she wants to be a part of it while she's here, who cares...she will not be once she's gone;)

She will just have to trust me to take care of her when things go sour...if not, get lost!

Seriously, why all the lame ass replies? IMO, a pre-nup is the only way to go. And, might I say, if you and your significant other love each other as much as you say you do, then neither of you should have a problem signing a pre-nup.

I know have a recommendation for an excellent family relations attorney, if you'd like it.

I have to say I agree. If the trust is there 100%, where is there an issue?