Lightening pictures from last night

dakotart

Was that storm down at groveport or up in columbus? I was trying to take some pics of it as well, but only got one keeper out of the bunch. I was at my house in marengo and could see it low over the south-southwest.

Evan

Was that storm down at groveport or up in columbus? I was trying to take some pics of it as well, but only got one keeper out of the bunch. I was at my house in marengo and could see it low over the south-southwest.

Evan

I live in Grandview, and it was lightning like crazy around here for a while last night. Not sure where else it was, but I imagine it was city-wide?

I wonder if setting the white balance to daylight would have provided a more real look? I'm not an expert on lightning photography for sure since I've only tried a couple times, but from where I was standing the lightning had a red tint to it and your looks like maybe the camera selected a color temp closer to tungsten.

Evan

Evan

I was in Groveport. the storm appeared to be moving toward the south east.

I wonder if setting the white balance to daylight would have provided a more real look? I'm not an expert on lightning photography for sure since I've only tried a couple times, but from where I was standing the lightning had a red tint to it and your looks like maybe the camera selected a color temp closer to tungsten.

Evan

I had the WB set to Auto. I think that photoshop or my nikon software will allow me to change the WB.

F stop was at its maximum (around 3.5-4) and the shutter was controlled manually.

I heard thunder for the first time out here and it was pretty intense. I think the combination of being upper atmosphere storms and deflection off the mountians, makes the thunder sound like fucking explosions. I called my sister to see if she heard it and said, yea, thats just thunder... i swear i thought a building dropped or something.