F' Indian Lake

Nitrousbird

We went there for the first (and last) time today.

I screwed my knee up nicely yesterday wakeboarding @ Griggs, so I was hoping to at least get some tubing in today.

- Not enough boat ramps, and plenty of retards using the ramps. If it takes you more than 3 minutes to pull into the water and get your boat off the trailer, sell your boat. Seriously, it isn't that freaking hard.

- Choppy as it gets. Worse than Buckeye Lake (another crap-hole of water I avoid). Way too choppy to even consider wakeboarding.

- Super shallow. I thought Buckeye was shallow until I went to this place.

- 10 minutes in, we hit a stump (buddy was driving my boat), and broke 1/2 of a blade off my prop (I have a composite prop). This badly unbalanced the prop, to the point we had to troll around at about 4MPH to not shake the boat to death.

- Supposed bars on the lake...the only one we found was the Moose lodge, which we snuck into and got a beer.

- Bunch of old people; 80% of the boats were Pontoons.

I will never go back to that damn place again. A bunch of driving for a crappy lake. If I want shallow and a choppy, I'll go to Buckeye...at least then I can find a bar and it is still deeper. Indian is cleaner than Buckeye, though.

So I spent a bunch of gas getting there and back, and now have to spend another $75 in new blades for my prop. Awesome.

Hey Joe, What size prop are you running? I might have an extra that came with my boat you can have. It wont work with my Formula after the re-power. Ill have to check the pitch, but I think its a 19. Id say its in about 8 out of 10 condition wise. Let me know if it will work for you and Ill go get it.

BTW I'm glad you posted this about Indian. That WAS a lake on our to do list. Not anymore.

The lake I live on is not real big, but it is deep and clean. Apple Valley Lake FTW.

Where on the leak do you live?

We use to own own the gray house, 2nd from the Dam, on the right. the one with all of the decks and the two tiered dock. It was deep enough right off the shore to dive of of the upper deck, which was 13 feet off of the water.

We use to own own the gray house, 2nd from the Dam, on the right. the one with all of the decks and the two tiered dock. It was deep enough right off the shore to dive of of the upper deck, which was 13 feet off of the water.

Over by king Beach.

I love Indian Lake. I don't live far from it so I know it quite well. You have to know where the bars are at. I know of like 6 good ones off the top of my head. Yes it is very shallow, and I don't know what kind of boat you have and how deep it is but this may not have been the time to go. The water is down by a lot. I know quite a few people that have deep boats that have never had a problem but we all kinda know the lake and know where to play are around and not to. +1 on it being very choppy on a day like today. Sometimes you can go and it is way less choppy than anywhere else I have ever gone, but Indian is usually such a popular spot that Sat and Sun are a very busy day to go. I for one have never even found a stump at the bottom, most of Indian is such a mucky ass bottom that you don't see anything of the sort. Its sad you had such a bad experience your first visit because that lake can be a blast, in fact I enjoy it more over all the other big spots. It is especially fun if you are staying the night up there. If you would of posted you were going to visit up there I wouldve gladly came out and showed you around and gave you some of my insight for whatever its worth. I do however agree with you on the boat ramps but I seem to get that shit wherever I go. I don't put up with any of that very well either. I have though found a couple other smaller launches on Indian where I put in on the weekends that aren't on the main drag. Usually that way I am in and out in no time. If you ever get the idea to say fuck it and try it again let me know.

Oh and some of those pontoons up there scoot. It seems like now if you dont have 225hp outboard on the back of your pontoon then your nothing. Usually for me though I notice way more of a younger crowd than older. But again sorry you had such a bad experience because I really enjoy that place and look forward to it on a week to week basis.

The word is lake not leak grammar/spelling nazi.

There is no chance of me ever going back. I don't go to Buckeye Lake for the exact same reasons.

For the drive, I'd MUCH rather go to Muskingum River. Super smooth, even on weekends/holidays, which is great since we love to ski and wakeboard. Always quick getting into the water, and people are more friendly there than any other place I've boated.

As for the prop, I just need to order some new blades for my composite prop; no biggie on that. Hell, I thought I had a spare blade on my boat, must still be in the garage of my Reynoldsburg house; I'll have to dig it up if I go back there this week.

To be honest, if Griggs were a bit bigger and allowed tubing, I'd never go anywhere else, simply because 3 minutes to the boat ramp is too convient to pass up (and there are enough ramps that you never have to wait).