2006 Chevy Trailblazer

Guest Hal

I'm looking at one of these and was wondering if there are any issues I should look into with it? I never really saw a lot of the Trailblazers/Envoys at work, so I didn't see enough issues to stick in my memory.

It will be an inline 6 RWD model most also.

Edit: I already know a couple people on here love them. I am looking for the people like AJ to comment.

blower motors/resistors, secondary air pump failures, and cam phaser going bad from o-ring leaking oil on it, new updated part sold. wheel bearings(like all gm's)

ps you never called me back.. do we need to change your name to hal the ho?

blower motors/resistors, secondary air pump failures, and cam phaser going bad from o-ring leaking oil on it, new updated part sold. wheel bearings(like all gm's)

I didn't see you called. Shoot me a PM, I won't be able to use the phone for a while.

I already knew about the wheel bearing issues, I worked on enough GMs to know that lol.

My wife has an 05 4wd with the inline 6 in it. So far the secondary air pump solenoid failed, 2 and two of the speakers have blown. When we first got it we averaged 15mpg on the highway. After dynotuning it we are up to 16.8 but that still sucks. The center console and both front door panels squeak like crazy. Other than that it runs good, drives nice and has plenty of room. I probably wouldnt buy another one again but it is alright.

I love mine for what it is. Nearly 100k, bought at 52k. I have replaced the cam phazer and a wheel bearing. It just now needs brakes, which are original. They're easy on tires and most other normal "wear" parts. Mine is an I6 with 3.27's, I average 22mpg on the freeway, seen as high as 26. City averages 19. I second the door panels squeaking, the console only does in the winter.

Overall, it's a heck of a truck for the price. I would (and probably will) buy one again. Maybe an SS in a year or two...

My mom has an 07 AWD SS and it is way nicer than our 05. Everything is tight and nothing squeaks. It doesnt even seem like it could be the same vehicle compared to my wifes.

I see alot of them come through the shop without any problems. Most people seem to like them. I am just kind of picky. One of my pet peeves is squeaky interiors. Ours hasnt even hit 50k yet and squeaks like crazy. The center console is what drives me crazy the most. The sad thing is that I could probably fix it. I just never think about it when I get home.

I have a 02 with 97k on the clock only thing go wrong was the power steering pump which takes a 45mins to a hour to fix.

It is a beast in the snow! I was out all day in the little blizzard we had never got stuck.. Was able to do the speed limit easily with all wheel drive turned on..

hey pot.....never heard back from you on the price for those winter tires :D

PM me back when you can. I like the $99 wheels. Need to match up the rubber now.

/hijack.....back on topic now.

Guest Removed
fucking pieces of junk

if you want a straight six get a jeep or a diesel truck

amen!

seen a few with front diff's out...

rebuild a few rears from people over towing with them :rolleyes:

and the stuff turbocrust said

and some other stuff!

now :gtfo:

I have an 04 with about 135k miles on it right now that I beat the shit out of everyday (ask phil) and the biggest issue I had with it so far was a wheel bearing that I broken over the winter time. No major problems yet. Maybe I'm lucky