How much is it worth? C5 Z06

Rookie84

I recently got a trade offer for 02 Z06. Details given by the owner here:

It’s a Torch Red 2002 Z06 With 28,000 Miles on it. The car has LG Long tube headers and mid pipe with no cats ( I do have cats in the box though that will with the car) K&N Carbon Fiber Filter, Smooth throttle body coupler, Hood Seal kit, Black C6 Wheels, Lowered on the stock bolts. Performace Friction Front and rear Z Rated Brake pads, Short shifter with LG motorsports Delrin Shift knob. Motul RBF600 Brake fluid. The car made about 400whp and 410Tq on 93 octane on our dyno. My best ¼ mile pass in the car is a 12.2 @ 118 with a really crappy 2.2 60ft. Oh and the car has brand new tires all the way around 275 front/ 295 rear.

How much do you guys think that car is worth? I'm thinking about $26k. I figured I would trade, as Z06 will be easier to sell than my car. So if I don't like it, I can just sell it and get another car, but I certainly don't want to lose too much money in the process.

Also, if you own/have owned one, tell me about it. I've never driven a Z06 but people who have owned them seemed to love it.

Oh, and for those who ask why trade for a heavier car with the same engine... I just wanna get back into a newer car and wanna put a stop to spending too much money in modding the FD. :p I don't think I can ever stop putting money into the FD as long as I own it...

Thanks in advance!

27~28 sounds good enough to me for an even trade. Man... it would be hard to let my car go. There is not another car like it. But Z06 will be more practical for my needs and will save me money from not spending as much money in mods.

Some pics of the Z06. Looks almost idential to AJ's except different wheels. :)

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm267/ls6fd4sale/l_302eeaffa50a96ab119de489bd57c890.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm267/ls6fd4sale/l_3141d23b5e8b06e9bf3ee2ec5f35fa6d.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm267/ls6fd4sale/l_860f2109ee4aeabc39a980a7d0c8acea.jpg

no offense meant, but take that Z06 and run the other way with it to never be seen again!

Your FD still has stock suspension on it right? When's the last time you've replaced the pillow balls?

A C5Z at those miles will be maintenance-ready for quite a while, it's easy to drive, fast, and looks good. Plus the biggest thing you've mentioned is that if you want out of it it's 100 times easier to sell.

Sounds like a fair price for what I've seen them go for recently. You'll love the Z06, they need nothing done to them to have a lot of fun, I rode with a friend in his around Mid-Ohio this weekend and it was just so much damn fun. All he has on the car is a front swaybar and hoosiers which is more than enough. I believe he was turning 1:37 on the track which is a good time.

Take him on that deal before he changes his mind! True I am biased but I considered building an FC/FD LS1 car as well and decided to go for it and get the vette, there is a lot to be said for a factory engineered low 12 second car. Ask around on V8rx7forum.com there is more than one person on there that got a Z and never looked back.

Sam would really be the guy to ask as he has had both or is in the process of having both.

he has that rear suspension cranked down too low, the rear should be 1/2" - 1" higher than the back. good looking car though and i know a guy on here that can hook you up with the exhaust mod for a fraction of what an after market system would cost.

I would make that trade in a heartbeat.

+1.

The neat thing about Vettes is that they never go out of style....except for the '70s C3...they were a little Disco-funky for awhile. Now, they are back up over the $15k mark for good examples.

I value being unique, and therefore the RX-7/RX-8 is a great car for the money. However, if you have the chance to sell even a baller, LS9-swapped FD for a C5 z06 I would definitely do it...

sure just PM me when you want to hook up. its really easy, floor jack a socket and a wrench. it should be realigned when your done though which i can also help you with.

performance wise i am at the same power level that car is.