sonic on hanilton toniht

phil

Huh?? I must have missed something. You drive a Sentra. good luck drifting. lol

Duh, sentra = drift king.

Also, where the hell was everyone tonight. Me and doc and the woman hung out at polaris for a couple hours and ya'll people were no where to be found. Oh, and thanks for hanging out with us doc we had a good time.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

polaris = lame as fuck
Well, you're right about that, but it becomes the default gathering when all else fails. :(

Advanced was a lot of fun and it was good to see all the folks, but when most everyone heads out at 9 p.m., there's pretty much a void to fill. I know that ND2Race and a few others weren't ready to call it a night yet, but most everyone dispersed: families took their younguns home, the hard-core foot racers left en masse (no doubt to hatch some nefarious plan for covert foot races on public sidewalks), some scamps left to prowl the Brewery District, and others had previous plans for the evening.

Thorne and I headed up to Polaris Sonic on our way home. I complain about the police attention around Sonic, but it was the only place I knew of with cars and gearheads which was still hopping after 10 p.m. And it wasn't just ricers there ..... a number of autocrossers, drag racers, and drifters were there, some of them CR members, but it was a light showing compared to what Sonic was like 6 months ago. And regarding the behavior at Sonic, frankly, there were fewer burnouts from Sonic Polaris last night than there had been earlier at Advanced--one of those burnouts DIRECTLY in front of a police cruiser! :slap:

It seems difficult in this area to have a regular gathering on a weekend if we want to exclude people "different than us." But it's hard for me to put my finger on what "different than us" means. From CR I meet people of all ages, professionals, working class, and the unemployed, people who ran 8's at the strip and had a 3-figure racing investment while others probably had to carefully budget their money in order to buy the gas just to make it to the meet. Gun nuts, cops, mechanics, corporation presidents, and college students. We race F-bodies, Vettes, JDM's, trucks, motorcycles, pony cars, Neons, Subies, jet skis, Lambos, old schoolers, my gawd we even let Cobalts park near us ;) But because of the work of the CR core staff (administrators, moderators, event coordinators, membership/sponsorship people) we're somehow able to gang up together and have fun. Some of our members are even kind enough to haul out their barbeques and feed us! :thumbup: BTW, did anyone think to offer Mr. & Mrs. Beast a donation to help defray their expenses?

But I think that sometimes when we attempt to separate ourselves from others we consider different, we can fail to see what we have to lose by excluding them. It seems to me that one of the strengths of CR is its diversity. If we refuse to go to Polaris because the ricers "desecrate" it or because some alleged street racers got caught near there, then we're probably going to have to settle for much smaller weekend late-night gatherings.

I hope that Sonic on Hamilton catches on for us. It's a big lot with good lighting, easy to find, and has good foot-racing areas close-by. But if it doesn't, we might be left with Polaris by default.

I'll stop ranting and go back to my room now. :)

"We have met the enemy, and he is us." -Pogo

How about we make sure to go there every friday/saturday for the rest of the season. It doesn't become a spot by its self, we have to make it a spot. I will be there every weekend as long as i am sober and in town. I'll see who ever shows up, there!

• 2 weeks later...
Ive only been in Columbus for a year. Im not sure where that Sonic is. I went to Quaker last year and i actually went last June and noone was there haha. Then i found out that it was at Sonic in Polaris so i have gone there twice over the past two weeks now. It doesnt seem like last year it really seemed dead over there now. It is because those guys got caught racing? Or is it because people are being dumb with parking lot racing and burn outs?

Ive only been in Columbus for a year. Im not sure where that Sonic is. I went to Quaker last year and i actually went last June and noone was there haha. Then i found out that it was at Sonic in Polaris so i have gone there twice over the past two weeks now. It doesnt seem like last year it really seemed dead over there now. It is because those guys got caught racing? Or is it because people are being dumb with parking lot racing and burn outs?

Show up Saturday night after the NTB in canal thing, usually aren't too many people yet, but it's growing. The Sonic in question is on Hamilton Rd about 100 yards north of 33(where Ricart is but on the other side of 33).

ever since that incident, the people here try to stay away from that crowd.the sonic at polaris is full of ricers and dumbshit. the sonic on hamilton, is more relaxed and shit talking. havent been out there in a few weeks due to weather but i think we are going to hit it up tommorow nite for sure. oh and come out to the car show saturday and join the fun

why must you drag out your letters? we know what you are saying :doh:

phil stfuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu putttttttttt meeeee oooooooooon igggggggggnoooooorrrrreeeeee orrrr sooommmeeethhhinnnngggg lol

You know you love me.

BTW I fixed it.

was this issue what we thought or something different?