Columbus gets more interesting

Science Abuse

Too bad I don't have my car right now. I'd love to get a couple responsible people going. I'm up for an invite if anyone goes. I'm not too far from there.

There's lots of spiders all over the entrance, I've heard you don't like bugs. :p

Any chance we'll find cave crickets? These aren't connected too other systems, I wonder if they've got their own crazy bugs.

There's lots of spiders all over the entrance, I've heard you don't like bugs. :p

Any chance we'll find cave crickets? These aren't connected too other systems, I wonder if they've got their own crazy bugs.

That's one of the biggest draws for me. My senior yr in HS, I was taking College English and we had to write a paper on somewhere we had never been before. Even if it was a gas station bathroom. I decided to enter the city's sewage system (water drain off, not the "poop" sewers lol) from an opening along a creek just outside of town.

I had seen some strange things occasionally come out into the creek as I took the dog's down there pretty often. So, of I went to the city to get the plans for their water drainage system. Anyway, long story short, I entered said pipe with flashlight and a bit of equipment (first with a friend who backed out a ways in, then later on my own. I know, not smart but fuck it, you only live once.) What I found was a large area that had fallen apart creating a small cave like area and pool. One of the fish I found was not a naturally occurring cave specie yet had lost almost all pigmentation and use of it's eyes. It's particular changes could not have occurred in a single generation, hell, it would take many generations! Anyway, I never told the city what I found. I wrote my paper, received an A and a lot of questions, and kept it my little secret for the most part.

On a sidenote, I used those same water sewage plans/map to help myself and two friends escape from the police and a helicopter after getting into a huge brawl at Putt Putt Golf and Games. lol That's a whole 'nother story, though.

Speaking of bugs, I caught a pretty cool centipede yesterday and took some pics of a sizable praying mantis by my back door. I should post them later if they came out ok.