Thanks for help, need more....

ancientmysts

Thanks to everyone for the info in my last post where I needed help with my PC. http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55452

The problem ended up being my motherboard, and I have now replaced my motherboard. Upgraded to an nVidia nFORCE 680i LT SLI. Since I had an OEM PC from Gateway, my version of Windows Vista will no longer work since my motherboard was replaced.

I have a copy of Windows XP sitting around that I can use, and I prefer XP over Vista anyways. My problem now is my hard drive. I have my PC up and running with another hard drive in it that I was using as a test drive from my brother in laws PC. The computer works fine. I'm just curious as to how I can get XP running on my computer while keeping all my information from my previous hard drive? If I use the XP disc, enter the BIOS and boot from disc to install XP will I lose any of the information on my hard drive? Will it corrupt any of the information? Will it format my hard drive? Any and all help appreciated.