I want to shoot some ammo...

scheetz31

I suggest New Albany Gun Range or whatever they call themselves, and Blackwing in Delaware.

http://blackwingsc.com/

http://www.nasr.com/

Some people seem to like the Powder Room in Powell. I don't. As for buying a gun, you can't go wrong with Vance's on Cleveland Ave as they have some of the best prices in the country.

For someone that's never shot before, start off with a .22 revolver and get comfortable with it before going for the coolest looking whatever sitting under the counter.

Being a gun noob, check out the rental guns first. Being so new to it, I would stick with 9mm and below. If you plan on purchasing a firearm just to plink with, I'd go with what Mike said and go .22LR route. The Ruger Mark 3 hunter is a fun one, along with the Walther P22.

Ruger

http://www.roostingthedunes.com/Temp/guns/ruger_mark3.jpg

Walther

http://www.acesindoorshooting.com/files/19670473.jpg

I called New Albany...they seemed pretty legit. said like 40 buck for all you need...targets...protection...50 rounds

plan on going thurs probablly

Just don't buy a gun there... whatever you do...

They really, really, really, really, really like their guns

If you're looking for a fun gun, get a Ruger .22. They're super-accurate, and you can fire one all damn day without getting tired or going broke. For a defense gun, go for a 10mm or a .45. Glock is good, but some people don't like the ergonomics. The Springfield XD is a little more comfortable to shoot. Do yourself a favor and go out with a large group of people at some point, and try out EVERYTHING.

If you've never shot a gun before, I'd stick to a .22 revolver or pistol, until you get the basics down. It's cheap to shoot, and you can spend a good amount of time enjoying your first time out without going broke buying ammo. I've got a Walther P22 and I love it for plinking. If you're looking to buy, I'd probably go with the Ruger Mark III or 22/45 like has been suggested. Word on the street is, they're a bit more reliable and accurate than the P22. I may pick one up someday for a bit more accurate plinking, but for now, my P22 works.

When you go to whatever range you decide to go to (I have a membership to OVO, and have no complaints) they should have a long list of general safety rules and regulations. Read these, and know them. They're mostly common sense.

After you've got down the basics and you decide to make a second trip (and you will), I'd probably step up to a 9mm of some sort (your choice). It'll get you aquainted with centerfire pistol rounds and isn't toooo expensive to shoot.

Walther

http://www.acesindoorshooting.com/files/19670473.jpg

Thats what I got the wife, she loves it. I always hit the mag release though because its under the trigger and I have fat fingers. It also jams a lot.

But, its cheap, light, and did I mention cheap?

Thats what I got the wife, she loves it. I always hit the mag release though because its under the trigger and I have fat fingers. It also jams a lot.

But, its cheap, light, and did I mention cheap?

1. If you've got the 5" model, swap to the 3.4" bbl. The 5"ers are known to crack the slide due to too much stress on it. The slide is made of zinc, which is relatively soft. And the compensator is for looks only. It serves no purpose.

2. Try LOTS of different types of ammo. P22 are finicky as fuck. For example, mine loooooves Federal bulk packs and refuses to fire Remington Golden bullits. Others love RGBs and hate Federals. They're all different for some reason. Find what works best in yours.

3. I've done 7-8 different things to my P22 to make it much more reliable. I've got them written down somewhere. Give me a bit and I'll post them up. If you decide you want to tinker with it and need some help, just let me know. I've had the thing apart a million times and know them inside and out.

3. I've done 7-8 different things to my P22 to make it much more reliable. I've got them written down somewhere. Give me a bit and I'll post them up. If you decide you want to tinker with it and need some help, just let me know. I've had the thing apart a million times and know them inside and out.

Minus the fact that thing ejects shells right at your head, and jams up with 1 round left in the chamber. :bangbang:

i was looking at some .22s...being a noob. what does rimfire mean?

But i have always wanted to get a 1911...we have one floating around our family that has been passed down for years, i hope to get a hold of it and have it rebuilt...never been fire for almost 30years i belive.

i was looking at some .22s...being a noob. what does rimfire mean?

But i have always wanted to get a 1911...we have one floating around our family that has been passed down for years, i hope to get a hold of it and have it rebuilt...never been fire for almost 30years i belive.

Rimfire means the bullets primer is located on the rim of the casing, the firing pin strikes the rim of the case and ignites the primer. Larger caliber pistols like 1911 in .45 is a centerfire, it actually has a visible primer in the center of the casing. You can reload centerfire, where as rimfire I do not believe is possible or worth it.

Minus the fact that thing ejects shells right at your head, and jams up with 1 round left in the chamber. :bangbang:

So it still needs a couple more mods. :p

1. I need to tweak the extractor spring and touch up the extractor itself.

2. I need to put the slide stop spring back in.

3. I've just been too lazy to do it. :D

I own a p22, works great, fired over 500 rounds with out a single jam, in a single session..... using the wall mart special remington .22 gold. guess like anything else, if you keep it clean, it works better........... As a owner, I have zero complaints, other than if you buy one, you will go through a lot of .22 ammo in a very short time. Like I said, just keep it clean, I have fired it when it was dirty, and it would occasinally jam then, but short of 300 rounds between cleanings, it was rock fucking solid. Oh, and mine is not modified in any way that i'm aware of.......

i like the range in powell. the powder room. pretty cool guys there and usally not to busy either.

I think next weekend We are going to take out all of our hand guns to shoot which include

p12, p13, p14 and a p14 double action, a glock 25, 45 carbine and a little 22 along with the 380

i like the range in powell. the powder room. pretty cool guys there and usally not to busy either.

I think next weekend We are going to take out all of our hand guns to shoot which include

p12, p13, p14 and a p14 double action, a glock 25, 45 carbine and a little 22 along with the 380

I didn't think anybody owned one of those.

Oh, and what Monkey said about keeping the P22 clean is spot on. But, that pretty much goes for any rimfire weapon. RGBs are especially dirty.

Plenty of good advice here already... I will add this..

If you go to New Albany they have a video you watch before you can go into the range.. that video will be PACKED full of GREAT info for you since youve never shot before.

For your first time I would go there, the video alone will be most beneficial to you. They have rentals there as well. Just plan on spending at least $50 bucks at a min.