car falls off the dyno

phil

now who pays for that?

Good question.. I wonder if by signing a waiver they are relieved of any damage done to a vehicle, including something like this? I would imagine any good shop would have some kind of insurance against this, but you never know.

Good question.. I wonder if by signing a waiver they are relieved of any damage done to a vehicle, including something like this? I would imagine any good shop would have some kind of insurance against this, but you never know.

I would think they would need some kind of insurance because you never know what could happen. Anyone here ever sign a waiver at a dyno and actually read one?

I wonder if they'd cover it if a vehicle caught on fire too:

It looked like that first car was strapped on the dyno with bungee cords around the mirrors. Unless you can prove negligence, shop is not responsible. I think I had to sign a waiver before I got mine tuned.

No kidding. When you get a look at the back of the car you can't see any straps there either. What kind of half-assed shop just secures a car by the doors???

No kidding. When you get a look at the back of the car you can't see any straps there either. What kind of half-assed shop just secures a car by the doors???

You blind or what?

First, what you're seeing by the mirror is the button used to start recording.

Second, you can clearly see the red straps behind the car. One is broke, or came off the car.