Question for the cops on CR

morabu

so, my buddy is over visiting my house, were chillin watching football, and we hear a POP, jump up look outside see nothing, no car alarm, no speeding car, nothing out of the ordinary.......or so we thought

leave to run to the store about an hour later and see it, his car DID get side-swiped, broken mirror, scratched up windows, weatherstrip and paint.

Q: how long do we have to file a police report, can we wait till tomorrow or tuesday? we are thinking of taking it to a body shop to get an estimate 1st, that way if it's not too much more than the deductible, he will not have to file a claim on his ins. and raise his rates for something NOT his fault

J.R.

i know how you feel. i slipped on ice a few years ago, had the cops come out to file a report incase i needed to go thru insurance, got the parts for not much more than my deductible was, fixed it myself, but when i switched insurances a couple times, they saw it because i filed the report. no ticket, no insurance involved, but they still held it against me. gay

i know how you feel. i slipped on ice a few years ago, had the cops come out to file a report incase i needed to go thru insurance, got the parts for not much more than my deductible was, fixed it myself, but when i switched insurances a couple times, they saw it because i filed the report. no ticket, no insurance involved, but they still held it against me. gay

I had 2 claims on my insurance for events that werent my fault, neither of which made my rates go up. One was a 'run in' with a city worker and the other was a smash and run in a parking lot. Both were $3000+ claims. State farm FTW.

with state farm now. when i went into her office, she pulled my record and said something about it. when i told her the situation, she said she would mark it so they didnt take it into consideration..

when i switched to allstate and back to progressive, they both did, and refused to not look at it because i filed it. plus, i went from 205/mo with progressive auto and another 23 for allstate renters, to 109 bucks/mo for both thru state farm. score!

I had 2 claims on my insurance for events that werent my fault, neither of which made my rates go up. One was a 'run in' with a city worker and the other was a smash and run in a parking lot. Both were $3000+ claims. State farm FTW.

REally?! Im with nationwide and with the latest debacle that involved my step dad running onto a curb in my jetta my Nationwide agent said I would lose my safe driver discount if i made a claim (which i am, the estimate was about 2400$). Mind you Ive had this agent and insurance since i was 16 and have NEVER had an at fault accident OR made a claim. 8 years of safe driver discount.

REally?! Im with nationwide and with the latest debacle that involved my step dad running onto a curb in my jetta my Nationwide agent said I would lose my safe driver discount if i made a claim (which i am, the estimate was about 2400$). Mind you Ive had this agent and insurance since i was 16 and have NEVER had an at fault accident OR made a claim. 8 years of safe driver discount.

i had nationwide when i started driving. wasn't impressed

856-2600, ask for alyssa (she will probably answer the phone). tell her evan wyant sent you over. she really helped me out and got me a killer deal for everything i have.

i had nationwide when i started driving. wasn't impressed

856-2600, ask for alyssa (she will probably answer the phone). tell her evan wyant sent you over. she really helped me out and got me a killer deal for everything i have.

Definitly. I turn 25 in November and was going to start shopping then but i might make the claim via Nationwide then dump them right afterwards. I dont know i'll call alyssa and have her run some numbers for me to see what kind of rate they can give me then ask her opinion.