Oct 3rd Times Thread.

thorne

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to thank Anthony and the other organizers for putting on another great event. We don't know most of you guys too well but we are always made to feel very welcome. Thanks!

Our best pass was 10.1x at 147.xx Our car still isn't where we want it to be but we keep shaving a bunch of time off every time out. It's just a matter of seat time at this point as the car continues to be a handful to drive. I was hoping that we'd start running some 9s but at least it was consistently running low 10s even with bogs, missed shifts, and timing marker dodging. It was also fun getting yelled at for having a laptop in the car and guessing at the tune for the next 8 passes. Who needs data acquisition right? :D

Thorne, lets see these vids. You need to lean on the gas tank more and I promise it wont wheelie.

The wife is going to be working on them this weekend. She is out with the girls tonight. It's her project If I fuck with it she may be less likely to enjoy going to track days =).

But I'm sure your right but damn did it scare the hell out of me.

I know now I want a drag car and to still have my subaru. The Katana even though slower then the WRX (Or .05 faster with a better rider) is more fun to race then the WRX is.

Guest Removed
got a new best today th track hooked great for me all day

11.36 at 121 mph with a 1.6 60' now i need to stop granny shifting it and learn the car all over again.

Oh yea RIP starter

please tell me that was n/a :confused: either way i could have made it go 10.99 :p

As said, THANKS for the CR day @ Trials! Thorne and Mrs. Thorne, nice ot meet you.. we just installed a new clutch set up thursday night.. we made 5 pass's in all. Did not make a all out 100% pass..

best today was 9.59 @ 139 1.32 60 ft. by the 3rd pass, we were starting to carry the front wheels alittle bit, even tho that BIG bald spot in the left lane. SO i have to say we are very happy with our car today,, and are ready for the stick shift nationals next saturday (oct. 11) at Edgewater raceway park, in cicnci ohio.. they have a street class too guys,, would liek to see some of you come down...

Thanks

Mike

14.0 @ 98 with a shitty 2.07 60' and a shitty tune that I need to work on. It should have been mid 13's but I don't know what's up.

I did manage to shave off .5 seconds from my last track outting so that's kinda cool I guess :(.