I'm tired of my truck... give me input on what I should buy...

kenny

Nope, def an S4, def manual, not broken.

My car made 275rwhp/310rwt...bone stock.

-Marc

Thats right in chipped S4 power range. 540 weighs only about 200lbs more.

Why the hell buy an M3 or an M5 then if a 540 can get the job done

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love my GTO. the only thing i have done to it, is a tune/catback/intake and shifter--basically near stock. the car has just a bit of a rumble to it, but is nowhere near annoying at freeway cruising speed. at 80mph, i see 2k rpms, and 22-25mpg--smooth sailing. the car is fairly quick, and the interior comfort/quality is very "un-GM like". the ride is firm, but not harsh at all.

you can find '06's for under $20k i'm sure. if i were looking for a newer car to just drive as a daily, i'd stay away from anything older than 2004, as well as anything that's more than slightly modded. everyone here knows that the more you mod a car, the less 'daily driver' friendly it becomes, and it sounds like you're looking for a fun daily driver, but not something you will have to worry about reliability in. my GTO is a perfect daily driver as it sits right now. add a cam and longtubes, and i think you ruin things as far as CAREFREE daily driving and FACTORY RELIABILITY--which is what you need when you have a real job.

If you went with an older M3, this color is damn good looking in my opinion:

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/867844720.html

Now is a great time to buy from dealers, they are actually willing to "deal" instead of just trying to rape you I have found. :rolleyes:

I agree that is my favorite color of the E36, but my buddy had a yellow one and I'm not a fan of yellow but it looked good on that car.

You can go a dif. route and check out the 04+ Mazda Rx8 6spd's. I got one and they're not hard at all to maintain.

+ They're mazda's flagship car

+100k engine warranty

+rwd

+handles like a dream

+6spd

+rotory powered w/ 9k redline

+ grand touring model comes w/ every option imaginable

+lsd rear (with traction control button)

+238hp in 04-05, 06+ I believe have 250hp (all are 1.3l NA)

+unique styling, (suicide rear doors)

+ can find them w/ someone low mileage for under $16k

(bought mine for $14.5k w/ 31,xxx on it)

-torque comes on up in the rpms

- consumes gas like a v8

-check oil consumption weekly/ every other week

I know these cars got a bad rap with people not taking care of the engine and having them blow up but that's b/c of the owners not taking care of them and maintaining them.

I have a grand touring 6sp 2004 right now and bought it not knowing much at all about rotarys and I love the car. has a unique look and sound and isn't hard to maintain at all. might not be ur style though so dont dog me too much. Just trying to give you more ideas bro

You can go a dif. route and check out the 04+ Mazda Rx8 6spd's. I got one and they're not hard at all to maintain.

+ They're mazda's flagship car

+100k engine warranty

+rwd

+handles like a dream

+6spd

+rotory powered w/ 9k redline

+ grand touring model comes w/ every option imaginable

+lsd rear (with traction control button)

+238hp in 04-05, 06+ I believe have 250hp (all are 1.3l NA)

+unique styling, (suicide rear doors)

+ can find them w/ someone low mileage for under $16k

(bought mine for $14.5k w/ 31,xxx on it)

-torque comes on up in the rpms

- consumes gas like a v8

-check oil consumption weekly/ every other week

I know these cars got a bad rap with people not taking care of the engine and having them blow up but that's b/c of the owners not taking care of them and maintaining them.

I have a grand touring 6sp 2004 right now and bought it not knowing much at all about rotarys and I love the car. has a unique look and sound and isn't hard to maintain at all. might not be ur style though so dont dog me too much. Just trying to give you more ideas bro

I'd punch myself in the dick 600 times before I bought a gay ass RX8.