I'm tired of my truck... give me input on what I should buy...

kenny

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never heard of anything other than the water pumps, which are simple to replace.

And that's really only an issue on the '95 cars because they had a plastic impeller on the pump. They changed that in '96 and corrected the "issue".

The real maintenance things you should expect to need done on E36 cars at this point would be RTAB (rear trailing arm bushings), and front control arm bushings. They're both cheap and fairly easy to replace and upgrade to better ones if they need done (bimmerworld is a great source here) IF the ball joints are bad you need to replace the entire control arm at the front. When my brother got his '95 with close to 100K on it we did all of the above and it was ~$450 for parts and we did the install ourselves.

Andy

So your leg healed up all good and stuff then gimpy... good.

What's that job you're doing now anyhow? I personally want to find myself a pretty nifty evo if I could or maybe a legacy GT. I like the legacy's since they're sporty enough and can haul people, plus i can slap an exhaust in the B and get some rather respectable numbers too.

I think they go for 12-16 for a solid used deal? I'm not one for WRX's since they just feel so small inside.