I'm tired of my truck... give me input on what I should buy...

kenny

The only upside to the truck is that it is paid for and 4x4.

Thinking about going to check out some GTOs, possibly an Evo.

I want something fun as a daily, the S10 is the first "normal" car I've ever owned and every time I drive it I want to stab myself in the face.

... opinions?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2500 Silverado Duramax :D

The diesel world is a fun place to be :). Maybe test drive one; the standard cab ( lightest weight ) trucks are hot rods from the factory, and more power is really easy to come by... That is if the truckiness of your truck isn't what makes you hate it now.

Not an IT job, but yes, I found a "real" job.

Cool, good for you. :)

I've found that the key to finding something you like, is to have a nice car (or two) for nice days, the track, etc. and to have a nice daily driver that you really enjoy driving, don't care what you drive it in, and don't care how many miles you put on it... :nod:

I want something fun as a daily, the S10 is the first "normal" car I've ever owned and every time I drive it I want to stab myself in the face.

... opinions?

I think you need something for that other than a new car. But for my recommendations

For 5-10K Built 1G DSM or Built Fox body mustang

For 10-15K E36 M3 or C4 vette or V8 FC Rx7 swap or Porsche 944 Turbo w/turbo upgrade.

For 15-20K Porsche 944 LS1 Swap, or if you are resourceful a 914 LS1 swap.

For 20-25K C5 vette, older EVO

For 25-30K C5 Z06 or E46 M3 or newer EVO and maybe an 05 C6 if you look long enough

I think you need something for that other than a new car. But for my recommendations

For 5-10K Built 1G DSM or Built Fox body mustang

For 10-15K E36 M3 or C4 vette or V8 FC Rx7 swap or Porsche 944 Turbo w/turbo upgrade.

For 15-20K Porsche 944 LS1 Swap

For 20-25K C5 vette, older EVO

For 25-30K C5 Z06 or E46 M3 or newer EVO and maybe an 05 C6 if you look long enough

I've already got a project in the works, I don't want something I have to work on as a daily.

Trust me, when spring rolls around you'll see me in something no one else on CR has done. ;)