Home Safety

Drewhop

I got 3 women. I figure that they'll scream if there's a fire. They'll be passed out if there is CM. And any intruders would be more interested in them than me. :D Oh yeah, and guns in case they come after me when they are done with the women.

im gonna have to show my dad this thread. my brother (18) was home today, and woke up to 2 fucking somalians in the house, 1 at the foot of his bed. when he sat up from sleeping, he yelled at the other one and they took off.

and to think my dad turned down the offer of one of my handguns when this happened earlier this summer.

im gonna have to show my dad this thread. my brother (18) was home today, and woke up to 2 fucking somalians in the house, 1 at the foot of his bed. when he sat up from sleeping, he yelled at the other one and they took off.

and to think my dad turned down the offer of one of my handguns when this happened earlier this summer.

Wait, this has happened more than once? :confused:

Wait, this has happened more than once? :confused:

unfortunately, yeah. earlier this summer someone pushed in one of the windows, stole laptops, brothers guitar, and some other shit. my dad had renters insurance and while he wasn't happy, he wasn't completely upset. renters insurance company said they could either a) pay him depreciated value of the laptop that got stolen (maybe 100$ now), or b) he could buy a new laptop and they would reimburse him. well, seeing as he was wanting a macbook air, he went and dropped whatever it cost, i think he said like 1700 (could be wrong), and they reimbursed him

after it happened the first time, he got the alarm system hooked up...it pisses me off because its kinda f'ed up on the front door...the alarm goes off as soon as i come in...no time to turn it off...not sure why the windows aren't hooked up. aparently they did the same thing and pushed the windows in. they got a good print and the cop said if its the fuckers hes thinking it is, he now has a good print to match up off the glass

i told my dad he should have gotten a couple guns for hi and my brother...not to mention, with the castle doctrine going into effect, would have made things easier on my brother if he did infact blast one of them

The Castle doctrine is in effect thank God. That's some crazy shit to hear bout the break ins. I bet it's CPD territory too, so you know not a damn thing will be accomplished.

true. whats sad is its only ~1 mile from his old apartment, which had close to no problems. he used to live 1/4 mile from the mcdonalds classic in gahanna (near where bucky lives) and he moved down to agler/stelzer in the detached condos behind the culinary schools.

i told him it wasn't a good idea, but he thought the deal was too good to pass up

Alarm

Glass sensors in every room of the house except the bathrooms.

Smoke detectors in hallway, living room, and downstairs in the TV room.

Carbon Monoxide detector right outside furnace room.

Big dog .

No guns.....yet.

I've yet to pick up a CM detector, but I havn't really thought about it much. The apartment I have has two different smoke detector each on different levels. As for fire power I have my Glock 9mm with two full MAGAZINES of HD ammo on the 2nd level, and also I have two shotguns with slugs and some reg ammo to follow. If someone where to come into the apartment at night I dont' think I would care if they would take anything on the first floor, but they would be dead if they try coming up to the next floor.

Fixxed

I have SD's up and on both lower levels,And a 30/30 for home protection