OSU VS Penn State Thread

Buck531

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I am a top recruit wanting to goto the NFL in a few years, OSU is not the school I am going to. Unless it has always been a life long dream to play there, but I would goto USC or one of the SEC schools. There you are almost garunteed to be in the national spotlight yearly and possibly win a NC game while throwing up ungodly numbers.

Cooper had good recruits idk if they were better. I mean honestly if you look at some of the kids Tress has had at OSU I would say they are pretty even. You make an all time Cooper era team and i'll make an all time including backups where possible. Here is my Tress era team:

Offense:

QB: Troy Smith backup Craig Krenzle

RB: Maurice Clarrett backup Beanie Wells

WR: Ted Ginn Jr backup Santonio Holmes

WR: Anthony Gonzalez backup Michael Jenkins

TE: Ben Hartsock

OT: Rob Sims backup Alex Boone

OT: Kirk Barton

G: Doug Datish

G: Shane Olivia

C: Nick Mangold backup Alex Stepanovich

K: Mike Nugent backup Josh Houston

P: AJ Trapasso backup

Defense:

DT: Tim Anderson

DT: Quinn Pittcock

DE: Will Smtih

DE: Vernon Gholston

LB: AJ Hawk, Bobby Carpenter, James Laurinitis

CB: Malcolm Jenkins

CB: Chris Gamble

S: Mike Doss

S: Donte Whitney

Now list your all time Cooper era team, I know its gonna be loaded

I'm really pulling for PSU, I think it would be awesome if Joe Pa gets another NC.

Me too.

I think he still deserves one for the '94 squad that he had that got ultra-shafted; that team was fucking DOM-I-NANT.

Also, JoePa has been nothing but completely respectful of OSU football.

Me too.

I think he still deserves one for the '94 squad that he had that got ultra-shafted; that team was fucking DOM-I-NANT.

Also, JoePa has been nothing but completely respectful of OSU football.

Well, except for taking a shit on the sideline. :D

Two years ago he ran off the field and returned wearing a different pair of pants.

Yeah, I know. Sorry, I realize now that my rhetorical question (i.e., JoePa went poo poo?) could be misinterpreted; I meant to imply that he was an incontinent old man that you would talk to in a baby-eese manner, much in the same way you'd condescendingly address a senile person. My bad.

The running backs are pretty comparable from both eras. Honestly I think the difference is the QB position. Bobby Hoying or Troy Smith is pretty much a no brainer.

The tight ends during the cooper era were used a lot more as well with Ricky Dudley. Some other note worthy people from the cooper era

Nai'l Diggs

Ahmed Plummer

David Boston (might have already been mentioned)

If Cooper couldve beaten Michigan a couple more times and won a freaking bowl game he'd still be coach. Honestly the Michigan teams he went against were far superior then the Michigan teams Tress has went against. I loved Cooper I always said he could recruit his ass off, just couldnt coach the talent lol

I only read the first page but, I thought that was a hell of a game. It could have gone either way, I think the best team won Saturday. I'm happy with the game, I think we showed up to play and gave it our best effort. Pryor will be a beast in the future, Boeckman should have been in for that last drive.

When Ball Is Loose

ARTICLE 6. When the ball is loose, no player shall hold an opponent; illegally block an opponent in the back; twist, turn or pull an opponent’s face mask or any helmet opening; or illegally use his hands or commit a personal foul (A.R. 7-3-9-II)

Pulled this from the NCAA rulebook after watching the clip of pryors fumble again. Pryor tries to turn around and fall on the ball, Rubin blatently holds him back by his jersey.