New From Cleveland

InferAl

Were you at Kil Kare last night?

Was there a red Charger at KilKare last night? I think it ran 11.85 @ 115.45 completely stock with a tune, DRs and skinnies. That is the record for a stock Charger 6.1L. He previously held the record of 11.89 I don't know exactly how he does it but he is running times tha many H/C 6.1's can't achieve.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/eandkgreen/?action=view&current=MOV04456.flv

Was there a red Charger at KilKare last night? I think it ran 11.85 @ 115.45 completely stock with a tune, DRs and skinnies. That is the record for a stock Charger 6.1L. He previously held the record of 11.89 I don't know exactly how he does it but he is running times tha many H/C 6.1's can't achieve.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/eandkgreen/?action=view&current=MOV04456.flv

Car runs well, but I'm still trying to figure out why he felt the need to try the old ricer fly by on us, three mustangs, when he was going to the gas station and we pulled into Wendy's. I was hoping he would drop in and see what the deal was. I wonder what it would run with the full size wheels on radials. His 115.45 with a better effective gear ratio with the smaller rim/tire combo wasn't going to outrun any of the cars that were pulling into Wendy's, but I guess it still runs well for what it is. We liked the car from opening day at Kilkare this year, but the old I'm going to hammer the gas past you guys in a 35 zone is a little stupid and won't get anything done on a busy street. Still like the car and it definitely runs very well.

Yeah, red charger running those numbers.

He was there with a silver 300C.

Car runs well, but I'm still trying to figure out why he felt the need to try the old ricer fly by on us, three mustangs, when he was going to the gas station and we pulled into Wendy's. I was hoping he would drop in and see what the deal was. I wonder what it would run with the full size wheels on radials. His 115.45 with a better effective gear ratio with the smaller rim/tire combo wasn't going to outrun any of the cars that were pulling into Wendy's, but I guess it still runs well for what it is. We liked the car from opening day at Kilkare this year, but the old I'm going to hammer the gas past you guys in a 35 zone is a little stupid and won't get anything done on a busy street. Still like the car and it definitely runs very well.

He takes the serpentine belt off for every track run too. I have talked to him at the track a couple of times. Seems to be a quiet guy but pretty nice guy to me. I think that he is from Cinti area. He also has a Trans Am that I think runs 9's. No other stock Charger has run those kind of times. Just about everyone who is running the modern Mopar LX platform is running 17" DRs. New aftermarket gears have supposedly just come out for these cars but I do not know of anyone who is using them yet. Nobody is sure how well they are going to play with the PCM/TCM yet.

DRs gained me 4/10ths but I am not getting a 60" anywhere near his so add at least .4 (maybe more?) if he were on stock 20" wheels. Not sure what taking the belt off gains him. Some people say 1 or 2/10ths.

Yeah, guy in the 300C is a super nice guy. He's a local network news personality in Cincinnati.

That 300C rolls out too. I'm impressed with both of those cars. I didn't know that he took the belt off. Might be worth around 5-10 wheel without running the accesories.

I can't believe a stock 6.1 Charger can run numbers like that, something is up.

I would have to see under that hood

Another guy ran 11's in a stock Magnum at ATCO but the DA was about-3000 with DR's

98 % of stock 6.1's can't even get into the 12.'s let alone 11's.

Its mind boggling

I agree Al, it does not make any sense to me either. That is with stock shafts and stock converter too. Welcome to CR. See you on Saturday.