New here...

4DooR_SuprA

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the motor stock? I almost bought one of those cars but they're too expensive to make fast.

Yes, they are very expensive to make fast. YOu spend a lot of time fixing parts that break on the car rather than buying upgraded parts becaue the added stress. But its not everyday you find a 2jzgte is300, at least I didnt think so hahah. Still on stock twins. running 12lbs of boost.

• Confused 1

Thanks to everyone for the comments. It has been a rough ride with the car. Doing the swap and going to school at the same time was difficult, along with paying for the car lol. I had baught the car at 17, got a great, I mean amazing deal from a woman who babied the car but then sold it to me to buy a convertible 350z. I saved up till I was 20 to do the swap. And thats how she sits now. I wish I could put in the 6spd from a supra and be done with it (run any power I want) but I am limited to around 450rwhp due to tranny. I already blew one tranny and my throwout bearing.

Thanks to everyone for the comments. It has been a rough ride with the car. Doing the swap and going to school at the same time was difficult, along with paying for the car lol. I had baught the car at 17, got a great, I mean amazing deal from a woman who babied the car but then sold it to me to buy a convertible 350z. I saved up till I was 20 to do the swap. And thats how she sits now. I wish I could put in the 6spd from a supra and be done with it (run any power I want) but I am limited to around 450rwhp due to tranny. I already blew one tranny and my throwout bearing.

wow very nice set up, I still have a soarer r154 that ive been hanging on for a car I wanted to do in the future. No sure what I want to do next, I am def going to stay with an inline 6 TT set up, I will never go back to anything else my rb26dett has been nothing but fun, but I want to get any from the car its in. That is an amazing car you put together already !!! welcome and enjoy the forum.

Thanks again for the comments guys. I am torn with the car. I so bady want to start on an evo project. It has been fun with the IS but I want to get into the Evo scene. IDk, I cant decide to keep it for a few more months to pay it off and then get and Evo or try and sell it to get an evo instead.

Oh, and I think I blew out my throw out bearing. The tranny makes a bad knocking sound like a card in bicycle spokes. It goes away when I press on the clutch. It does it in all gears and neutral. Any ideas?

Thanks again for the comments guys. I am torn with the car. I so bady want to start on an evo project. It has been fun with the IS but I want to get into the Evo scene. IDk, I cant decide to keep it for a few more months to pay it off and then get and Evo or try and sell it to get an evo instead.

Oh, and I think I blew out my throw out bearing. The tranny makes a bad knocking sound like a card in bicycle spokes. It goes away when I press on the clutch. It does it in all gears and neutral. Any ideas?

thats what ive been looking for the past 6 months, I went all the way to jacksonville FL to get this evo I thought was un modded and super low mile drove the 1000 one way miles and got down there and it was a pos, be careful buying an evo now days lots of people have fucked them up lol why not just pay that off and keep it as a toy? selling modded cars sucks I will never do it again. put a nice fuel system, single and getrag tranny and a nice rear and be done.

Good deal man, I haven't seen the swap before, so it's unique to me. Cool to see people do the damn swaps rather than say im gonna put this into this and it never happens. Does it seem to handle any differently at all? Welcome btw.

Good deal man, I haven't seen the swap before, so it's unique to me. Cool to see people do the damn swaps rather than say im gonna put this into this and it never happens. Does it seem to handle any differently at all? Welcome btw.

The gte is definately heavier then the GE motor. All the cast iron on the twins, and the extra lines for turbo and IC and such.

She badly needs new shocks. i am sure with a new set of shocks or coils it would handle just fine.

As far as the evo deal, I might just keep it and pay it off. I could then use the money to buy the getrag 6spd and rear and everything else. We'll see. Thanks for all the good comments guys.