New here from dayton

Sleeper91TSi

Welcome.

I have a Supercharged motor in my garage that needs new bearings. pistons are good, rods, etc. I'd sell it to you real cheap :).

Sounds tempting,my engine stand is looking empty...kinda need something to rebuild over the winter.Might get at you with that depending on if I can get this moron to trade me his 01 GTI VR6 for my 90 FWD,otherwise im gonna have black hands and a broke FWD Dizum in my garage in and out the whole winter.

It's the same block, and all the mounting points are there to use the RWD mounts.

Bruce, buy Buck's engine, then check out Morad Parts Company on eBay for a 4t65e-HD trans, OR if you want something a bit tougher than the usual Getrag 5spd, look for an M4 manual 6spd from a G6 GTP.

Anyway, welcome, good intro, +rep.

It's a GXP, and thanks I thought so. Would be a cool swap into something, Fiero, blown up Camaro (not really), S10, whatever.

It's a GXP, and thanks I thought so. Would be a cool swap into something, Fiero, blown up Camaro (not really), S10, whatever.

Actually, no. The GXP didn't get it. The GTP did.

They made both. GTP got the 240hp 3.9L and the 6spd manual. GXP gets the 252hp 3.6L and a 6spd auto with a tapshift.

The GTP was discontinued in favor of the GXP.

Also, you wouldn't be able to use the 6spd auto with the L67 unless you used two PCMs, and god only knows what programming you'd have to do. The G6 uses a CAN-bus, L67 is OBDII.

When the hell did they quit using the six-speed manual? I was just on their website, I thought it was still an option. :confused:

When the hell did they quit using the six-speed manual? I was just on their website, I thought it was still an option. :confused:

Nope. When they discontinued the GTP, they dropped that transmission in favor of the tapshift 6spd auto. Just not enough demand for the stick anymore. Fucking shame, it was a great piece of machinery. Oh, well, at least the 6spd auto is looking like it'll handle some power, although the wheel bearings on the G6 certainly won't. Too bad it's gonna be damn near impossible to swap the auto.