Just found out I'm gonna be a dad

Mattsn2o281

And i have no clue what to do lol. i'm freaking out a bit, but really just excited as hell. So to all the parents, what should i be doing over the next 9 months, or anything special she should be doing? i just don't have any idea where to start. she went yesterday for a check up and the did another test and shes 6 weeks in. So give me some advice, i still can't believe i'm gonna be a dad lol.

Enjoy your last 9 months. Kids are great, but they are a lot of work. The first few years they take up most of your free time. Take mommy to be out a lot, go out and do stuff as much as possible trust me. My daughter is 7 now and it has gotten easy, hell she even made me breakfast this morning, but while they're small they need everything done for them.

Congrats!!

We have two boys (almost three year old and a three week old).

As far as advice she should be starting to take a prenatal vitamin and an Omega-3 / Omega-6 fatty acid supplement. (aka fish oil) They don't taste like anything so don't freak her out, they are key for healthy brain development, plus they help lower cholesterol.

By far the most important baby item that you will actually use is the vibrating bouncing chair. $20-$40 Well worth every cent.

Start shopping around for stuff you want for the baby but buy it at Once upon a child. Kids grow out of things soo fast that most of the clothing and toys there are brand new or very lightly used for less than half the cost. Most new parents have a real problem with buying used stuff for their baby. When you start paying $9-$25 PER outfit that they fit into for three to four months you will start to get wise to the situation.

Meagan posting

As stated above the firsts will pwn you..I cried when my daughter called me daddy for the first time. I took my wife out a lot to make her feel loved. Pree used baby stuff and bouncy chairs FTW. anything tha vibrates really.

congrats being a dad is the funnest thing I have ever done.

It is quite easy, just don't f@ck it up.

She should be seeing an OB, they will tell her what to do but basically it is this.

Eat all you want.

No special diets.

Take amino suppliments.

do yourself a favor, every time you go to the grocery store buy diapers. when the baby comes you will have loads.

you should have like 2000 size 2.

Thanks all. Josh, after you left i had no choice lol. oh its Ericka. We will be going out as much as possible i figure we have a few months for ourselves then its baby time lol.

I understand that you went with second best man its all good. I'll prob be the next one out of us all to be a daddy. Seems like all me and Shay do is fuck lol. Little Matt and Josh's terrorizing Newark streets 2025ish lol. Haha I knew it was her as soon as I read this, I just need varification. BTw i'm in Newark for a couple days. Pinky's alternator took a shit on me last night and i'm offing her tomorrow

Lol, i don't think the shop was the spot. and josh, go for it. gotta keep newark on lock lol.

And hell yes i'm scared at 28 to bring a child in to this world. this place is nothing like it was 20-30 years ago, and the way things are going its probably not going to be a whole lot better anytime soon.

NO MASSAGE IN THE FIRST TRIMESTER... but...She needs to keep her feet elevated once she gets bigger b/c the blood flow back up the legs gets impeded by the baby. If she keeps her feet elevated it'll reduce varicose veins in her legs. Rub her feet and legs gently to help with that and also a lot of back/lower back massage.

Once she hits her 2nd and 3rd trimester massage will help keep her relaxed and help her ligaments and muscles relax too..

BTW watch out for severe mood swings with the first ....

The first time you see the baby its all over... and when they hug you, and tell you they love you for the first time it is amazing..

Good Luck!! It's a wild ride!

Congratulations. It's hard work but is rewarding in the end. This is a chance to prove all that you've learned to do, and what not to do, from your parents. Read up and remember that each child will be different, there's no perfect "book" on raising your child. It's good you show an interest in learning what's best for your child. Be prepared for the frustration but things will come to you and you'll both get through it. The real learning begins in a couple years. ;)