New (Ford) guy

wildhorse

Hi Wildhorse here,

New guy to this forum stuff, so hope you will take it easy on me. Would it help if I said Rick sent me?

Any way, I'm from Mount Vernon, Ohio and have been a Ford nut all my life; first built a 427 tunnel port powered 54 Ford that eventually ran 10's in the quarter, then a full race 72 Pinto drag racer with a 351 cleveland engine, a 9.90 car. Currently trying to finish up a 78 Fairmont back half car with a 460, C-6 and 4 links.

My street car is a 96 Mustang GT, 4.6, 5 speed and I'm slowly learning how to tune the computers on the newer fuel injected Fords. On the back burner waiting is my next project: an 03 Cobra body-in-white that I bought up in Detroit. I have a 5.4 Triton truck engine for it and a Lightening blower waiting in the wings. Sooo many cars, sooo little time.

Oh yeah, I have a few 67 Fairlanes and a 46 Ford coupe that I'm slowly turning into a street rod. Any other Ford guys out there? Looking forward to swapping ideas and learning all I can.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Welcome sounds like a fun collection. I have a 59 fairlane I purchased years ago sitting in my moms garage. Planned on restoring it, but I'm at the point now where I'm pretty sure it'll never happen. +rep but try to get some pics up.

Oh Rick sent you ? NM, please go drive around mt vernon square over and over.

Just kidding, though I actually was convinced to do the "drive around the square" thing once in highschool by a buddy that lived in Mt V. Said it was what everybody does for the weekend. It was the worst night of my life.

• 2 weeks later...