Mach 1

Wonderboy

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found 3 mach 1's for under 15k. I even found an 04 cobra for 16k w/ only 15k miles on it and 450whp! I can only find auto trans ams. And I did find a few good camaro deals that I may look into. Lucky for me, Im not a ford or chevy guy so Im not biased. Im just lookin for a good deal. lol

That is very true and I was actually thinking about the whole handling thing today. I dont think f body's handle to well either do they? Believe me I would love a vette but I dont know if I can afford one. All the affordable ones have high mileage and I dont want to have something go bad on me right away. But, I guess thats what you're for right? If it breaks you can help me fix it. :D

WRX's can be had cheap, are reliable, and decent on insurance. Can be modded to respectable #'s, and are no slouches on the twisties.

Very true. See this is the problem. There are too many options. And you arent helping by adding more choices! lol. Im just hoping that when the time comes I pick the right one. Although I dont think I could do just a regular wrx, they arent fast enough from the get go, and I sure as hell cant afford an sti. I totally forgot about evo's. How much do used evo's go for?

That is very true and I was actually thinking about the whole handling thing today. I dont think f body's handle to well either do they? Believe me I would love a vette but I dont know if I can afford one. All the affordable ones have high mileage and I dont want to have something go bad on me right away. But, I guess thats what you're for right? If it breaks you can help me fix it. :D

Stock F-Body will scare the shit outta you in the corners..... There are a ton of parts to fix this problem though.

Stock F-Body will scare the shit outta you in the corners..... There are a ton of parts to fix this problem though.

So they can be built to handle well? Well, Im sure anything could be BUILT to handle well but, can these be pretty solid twisty cars for a fairly affordable price?

So they can be built to handle well? Well, Im sure anything could be BUILT to handle well but, can these be pretty solid twisty cars for a fairly affordable price?

yes. get a Z28 if you are going to mod the engine or suspension. why spend more if you are going to change the things that make it an SS anyways.

I totally forgot about evo's. How much do used evo's go for?

Probably out of your specified range, for acceptable mileage anyway. Thats why I suggested the WRX, and not an EVO or STI. Insurance can kill you for either if you're young. On the "whats your insurance price" thread on evom I was actually one of the lowest I saw. Some kids we're paying more on the insurance than their car. Fuck that.

Don't discount the WRX though, its no turd modded, and can make some decent turns. Still, Fbodies are cheap, and quick. If not dime a dozen around here. (thats not a knock per se, theres a reason there are so many)

whatever you do, just make sure you can afford it. many people end up getting loans to buy sports cars and end up selling them when situations change--

Yeah Ive seen alot of that kinda stuff. When I bought my spec v I was only making about 24k that year and the car was 11k total and I was able to afford it just fine even with higher rent than Im paying now. But, now Im paying slightly less rent and Im now making about 34k a year so I think I should have no problem affording something in the 15k price range.

Do you want a bunch of Ford guys to slap you on the back at meets? Do you want to piss off guys who drive stock Z28s? Do you want to be king anytime you roll into a high school parking lot? Want a really heavy ass car? Then go with the 03/04 Cobra.

Do you want a be a GM fanboy? Want the luxury of having thousands of rednecks rush to your defense if anyone so happens to question the might of the LS1? Do you look good with a mullet? If you answered yes to any of these, then you'll probably want to go with an LS1 Z28.

Do you want to get laid? Seriously, would you rather take home two chicks that could care the fuck less about HP/weight ratio and things like "forged internals" and instead are all about doing cocaine off each other's asses in the front seat of your car? Do you like it when girls solicit you for sex? Then go buy a Z06, McDouchey.

Do you want a bunch of Ford guys to slap you on the back at meets? Do you want to piss off guys who drive stock Z28s? Do you want to be king anytime you roll into a high school parking lot? Want a really heavy ass car? Then go with the 03/04 Cobra.

Do you want a be a GM fanboy? Want the luxury of having thousands of rednecks rush to your defense if anyone so happens to question the might of the LS1? Do you look good with a mullet? If you answered yes to any of these, then you'll probably want to go with an LS1 Z28.

Do you want to get laid? Seriously, would you rather take home two chicks that could care the fuck less about HP/weight ratio and things like "forged internals" and instead are all about doing cocaine off each other's asses in the front seat of your car? Do you like it when girls solicit you for sex? Then go buy a Z06, McDouchey.

In the Ford scenario, are these high school girls 18???

Guest tbutera2112

oh and for the sake of this thread....if you cant afford an 03/04 cobra, i would go with an LS1... mach is a good car, but unless you want major engine work, 400-430hp is going to be your "safe" max with a good tune

i vote fbody