Mach 1

Wonderboy

Steve the trannies don't suck you just have to but a good shifter and know how to drive. They will break like any but they hold up pretty well for most......

Well Ive had alot of tranny issues with vehicles so Im thinking that I may be a little more rough than most. lol. Although I have recently calmed down with my driving, I used to pretty much race to everywhere I went and beat the shit out of whatever car Im in at the time. I can actually just cruise somewhere now without having to be an ass wipe. hehe

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to turn this into a apples to oranges mustang vs Corvette thing but....

I dont get the fatuation with mustangs... i really dont. The new be all to end all GT500KR is infact just as quick as the 385hp 2001 Z06... Congrats to all those men at Ford for only being 7 years behind in performance of the compitition.

Put it this way... the 03 Cobra ran the same times as the 95 ZR1 did... so it took them 5 years to make up 1 year of the performance spread... by my calculations, Ford and GM should have a pretty balls to the wall battle in about 2043.

what a moronic post. you're truly a dipshit. when the '03/04 cobra came out, it could beat EVERY car it was targeted to compete against in acceleration-----any stock trans-am, camaro, non-z06 vette, etc, etc. aside from big dollar cars, no car could beat it stock-for-stock. john colletti set out to create a car that could 'terminate' the competition, hence the car being called a terminator.

who the fuck cares about a '95 ZR1 vette??

i paid $32k for my cobra brand new, and have less than $8k in mods in the car. it makes nearly 700hp at the crank, and is dead reliable. i could get in the car tomorrow and drive it 1000 miles up to columbus with the AC blowing the whole time, and take a shit on the counter of your pizza hut. you are the guy who works at pizza hut, aren't you??

I dont understand that infatuation with volvo's...oh wait there isnt one because few people like them. And as for the 03 cobra comment...how can you try and dog on a car that is proven to easily run 11's with about a thousand dollars in mods? Or a car that has made plenty of 9 seconds passes on a bone stock motor?

So what runs 9s on a bone stock motor? And if you say the TT GT500, go kill yourself. Once you add or remove something to/from an engine, its no longer OEM stock. Not to mention you can probably buy a brand new Suzuki Forenza for less than the price of the tranny it runs. And the rear end... jeezus.

I gave my props to Ford for have not one but 2 engines that can make over a grand without doing any surgery to them, and one did it on the factory fuel system. Incredibile to me. But the fact remains... These engines are not produced this way, and even if they were, id guess theyd be in 4 ton trucks, and not the slender 3900+ lb sled they call a GT500... the 540hp that still runs mid 12's :rolleyes:

So what runs 9s on a bone stock motor? And if you say the TT GT500, go kill yourself. Once you add or remove something to/from an engine, its no longer OEM stock. Not to mention you can probably buy a brand new Suzuki Forenza for less than the price of the tranny it runs. And the rear end... jeezus.

:

Yeah, but then you'd be driving a forenza and thats just... well.... gay.

what a moronic post. you're truly a dipshit. when the '03/04 cobra came out, it could beat EVERY car it was targeted to compete against in acceleration-----any stock trans-am, camaro, non-z06 vette, etc, etc. aside from big dollar cars, no car could beat it stock-for-stock. john colletti set out to create a car that could 'terminate' the competition, hence the car being called a terminator.

who the fuck cares about a '95 ZR1 vette??

i paid $32k for my cobra brand new, and have less than $8k in mods in the car. it makes nearly 700hp at the crank, and is dead reliable. i could get in the car tomorrow and drive it 1000 miles up to columbus with the AC blowing the whole time, and take a shit on the counter of your pizza hut. you are the guy who works at pizza hut, aren't you??

Thank you for posting up a point for the other side. the 8 year old 95 ZR1, was a non Z06 vette... you fail. So say you were the CEO of FMC... and you say to yourself, "Lets create the nastiest car we can think of, the new edge of our company, the bread and butter of our performance division!...But, lets not out do the compitition..."

hmmm... makes perfect sence :rolleyes:

Who cares about the 95 ZR1? Are you kidding? Dont you remember the Silver Bullet? Did your car IQ just drop off your nuts and dribble down your leg a little? The 95 ZR1 was the first car in almost 30yrs, to beat the 427 AC Cobras 0-100-0. And it WASNT because the ZR1 was a lighter car, or a more powerful car, or even a better designed car... it simply had a better transmission, and more grip. Instead of two gear changes in the AC, there was 1. Instead of 600hp trying to rip a 2000lb car out of the hole, it was 405, rolling out 3203. Point was, the AC was just too much of an animal. To quick for its own good.

You could go take a shit on the counter if you want... but I guess you didnt get the memo...

I dont live in columbus anymore.

Actully i live about 1300miles from it. I do still work for Pizza Hut though... Im getting a new store in a bout 10 days. Thats our show and thanks for being a participant on "I dont know what Im talking about"

PS. Get my fuckin wallet out of your avatar.

Well...I am hard on cars I went through 3 factory trannies and 1 built one. Preston has busted a built one also. As for F-Bodys having more power yes they do does that mean they are faster? No. Every LS-1 I raced with the Mach I was giving up 50+rwhp from a roll and would stiill win. A dig would have been ugly. Should that happen? No. 4:10's does wonders in a 4 valve. I am not hating on LS-1's I like them a alot my girl has one I drive it everyday its an 01 SS M6. Stock for stock its a drivers race but like I said before who in the hell has a stock car? AJ- I seen some of those links you posted I love Z06's I almost bought one instead of my Cobra those times are good. But those are the guys that LIVE at the track for example Ranger is a good driver and runs his cars like 3 days a week as many times as he can. lol. Which is what you have to do to pull those times. Perfect everything air,da,etc. For instance Cody had LT's and no cats on his Z06 made 370rwhp and he was going 12.50's at 115 and when he sold it to Garret he was going the same and they are good drivers thats on street tires. I could post link after link of 03 Cobras pulling crazy time but I'm not crazy about track times.....there is Pullied only Cobras running 10's and Ported ones running mid 10's at 130+ not bad for a "Tank" and very cheap mods.

Thank you for posting up a point for the other side. the 8 year old 95 ZR1, was a non Z06 vette... you fail. So say you were the CEO of FMC... and you say to yourself, "Lets create the nastiest car we can think of, the new edge of our company, the bread and butter of our performance division!...But, lets not out do the compitition..."

the nastiest car ford made at the time was the ford GT. i've put 15k miles on my cobra, and ran into plenty of vettes, f-bodys, chargers, GTO's, and other mustangs. not once have i seen a ZR1 on the road. not even at a car show. ford set out to build a car in decent numbers (roughly 25,000) that could handle the competition---the car was an undeniable success. undeniable, pizza boy.

and good luck finding a stock '03 cobra anymore. on this site we have a turbo cobra, at least 2 twinscrew cobras, several pullied cobras, a pullied/ported cobra, and mach1's with pullied cobra blowers on them. i'm not sure we have a cobra on this site with less than 500 crank hp.

is there anyone on the site with a '95 ZR1??

Actully i live about 1300miles from it. I do still work for Pizza Hut though... Im getting a new store in a bout 10 days. Thats our show and thanks for being a participant on "I dont know what Im talking about"

PS. Get my fuckin wallet out of your avatar.

even better. i could drive my car 1000 miles to columbus, and then another 1300 to colorado and leave a nice brown surprise on the floor of your brand new pizza hut.

and you can't have my wallet. especially, when the only claim you can make about your car is how fucking SAFE it is.

my advice to the original poster is to save up for an '03 cobra. 50k mileage ones are going for the high teens. just wait and save.

my advice to the original poster is to save up for an '03 cobra. 50k mileage ones are going for the high teens. just wait and save.

Thats true. Im just so anxious to go fast that I dont want to wait ya know? Especially because I would like to have a fun season next year. Its about time to break into the 13's then 12's and so on.

i pay less than $100 per month on my cobra. BUT..........

state farm allows you to have 'pleasure class' cars where you drive it less than 5k miles (i think) per year, and you must have a designated primary car. also, i'm married, over 25, have kids, and a spotless driving record (knock on wood)---all these things add up to savings on car insurance

mine runs 11.36@124 and you can buy it for 17K, with a built rear end and 445whp if you think you can seriously come up with the money and want to drive it, lemme know. the car would go low low 11's on a 28" tall tire, but I was on a 26"

Unfortunately I dont have the money yet. I would LOVE to buy your car but I doubt you want to hold on to it for a couple months until Im ready to buy it. Im sure Ill find the right deal eventually. (I hope) Wanna trade for a sentra? j/k

i pay less than $100 per month on my cobra. BUT..........

state farm allows you to have 'pleasure class' cars where you drive it less than 5k miles (i think) per year, and you must have a designated primary car. also, i'm married, over 25, have kids, and a spotless driving record (knock on wood)---all these things add up to savings on car insurance

My record has been clean for the past 2-3 years and Im working on the married thing. Hopefully that will all help.