Mach 1

Wonderboy

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mustangs are easy to work on and cheap....

and if you want to compare apple to apples you would need to compare a vette with the Ford GT.

Yeah, the fact that you could buy 2 of the same year vettes for the price of the Ford GT is fair.

Paying over 100,000 for anything with a ford badge = fail train.

and you act like your proud of it

You know, most people, with the exception of Mike (302Powered), would get passed the whole Volvo thing. Even I think Mikes jokes are funny. Yours however, are just poor form. I like my car, and even more so, I'd reccommend one to anyone. Its tough as nails, it drives nice, handels great, has more than enough room, we wont even talk about the safty factor, but even after all that, the damn thing still pulls a 2000lb trailor and get 20mpg driving uphill and into the wind. Best thing I ever bought...

...other than a half hour with your mom. :asshole:

mustangs are easy to work on and cheap....

and if you want to compare apple to apples you would need to compare a vette with the Ford GT.

no sir.

The Ford GT was built as an updated, street legal version of the Ford racing GT40.

Corvette, untill the ZR1 of this year, had always built street cars, and tuned them up into the top shelf performance market. The C6 ZR1 was the first time that they had taken a race car, redesigned it, and detuned it for the street.

Apples to apples, the Ford GT is compared to a S7, a 360 Challenge, and GT2/3's, and it gets kicked around in that braket like a fat kid gym class.

Not to turn this into a apples to oranges mustang vs Corvette thing but....

I dont get the fatuation with mustangs... i really dont. The new be all to end all GT500KR is infact just as quick as the 385hp 2001 Z06... Congrats to all those men at Ford for only being 7 years behind in performance of the compitition.

Put it this way... the 03 Cobra ran the same times as the 95 ZR1 did... so it took them 5 years to make up 1 year of the performance spread... by my calculations, Ford and GM should have a pretty balls to the wall battle in about 2043.

I dont understand that infatuation with volvo's...oh wait there isnt one because few people like them. And as for the 03 cobra comment...how can you try and dog on a car that is proven to easily run 11's with about a thousand dollars in mods? Or a car that has made plenty of 9 seconds passes on a bone stock motor?

I had a Mach for over 4 years.....the trannys suck.... other than that they are nice cars and suprise the shit outta a lot of people. With gears and bolt ons you can go deep in the 12's. SPLN SUX- You are comparing stock cars...who in the fuck drives a stock car on here.

I had a Mach for over 4 years.....the trannys suck.... other than that they are nice cars and suprise the shit outta a lot of people. With gears and bolt ons you can go deep in the 12's. SPLN SUX- You are comparing stock cars...who in the fuck drives a stock car on here.

well played

I dont understand that infatuation with volvo's...oh wait there isnt one because few people like them. And as for the 03 cobra comment...how can you try and dog on a car that is proven to easily run 11's with about a thousand dollars in mods? Or a car that has made plenty of 9 seconds passes on a bone stock motor?

and with less than that you can do the same with a LSx car

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-z06-discussion/1549325-the-c5-z06-fast-list.html

no sir.

The Ford GT was built as an updated, street legal version of the Ford racing GT40.

Corvette, untill the ZR1 of this year, had always built street cars, and tuned them up into the top shelf performance market. The C6 ZR1 was the first time that they had taken a race car, redesigned it, and detuned it for the street.

Apples to apples, the Ford GT is compared to a S7, a 360 Challenge, and GT2/3's, and it gets kicked around in that braket like a fat kid gym class.

Who gives a shit the boy wants a mustang, not a years worth of car and driver info.

Not to turn this into a apples to oranges mustang vs Corvette thing but....

I dont get the fatuation with mustangs... i really dont. The new be all to end all GT500KR is infact just as quick as the 385hp 2001 Z06... Congrats to all those men at Ford for only being 7 years behind in performance of the compitition.

Put it this way... the 03 Cobra ran the same times as the 95 ZR1 did... so it took them 5 years to make up 1 year of the performance spread... by my calculations, Ford and GM should have a pretty balls to the wall battle in about 2043.

Problem is, I cant afford a corvette. And like I said, Ive never been a ford guy, there was just something about it that seemed to stand out to me and Im still not sure what it was.

Buy dereks car pussy if you dont

I wish. Im pretty sure he wants more than what I can afford. Plus this is something that I cant afford RIGHT now, Im just trying to study up a little bit so I know what to look for and expect. Im gonna either get a second job or start pulling more hours at the shop to finance this project so it will probably still be a couple months.

you can pick up a base C5 pretty cheep, if you didn't care about miles since they seem to run forever than you can get a C5Z cheep as well. you've seen mine and it has 80k on it but since it was taken care of you would never know it.

What do you mean by "pretty cheap"? This is something that I wont be able to spend more than about 12-13k on. Im starting to see that being a poor kid isnt gonna help me go fast anytime soon.

What do you mean about the trannys? What types of issues?

You puss you dont need " all american" to go fast for cheap, you need to start with the right platform.

nissan for life lol

Dont get me wrong. Of course I love my nissans and plenty of other imports for that matter. The problem that I am having is that to make a nissan fast takes a alot of money and effort and typically a motor swap. Ive got nothing against motor swaps its just that Ive always liked the idea of buying a car and making it fast without swapping or even pulling the motor out. The issue Ive run into with mine is that to make it go fast is gonna cost another $4,000 to boost properly and then another $1,000 to replace the already kinda crunchy trans. With an LSX car or any of the DOHC mustangs all you need is basic bolt ons, tires, and maybe a squirt of nitrous. The other problem is trying to find imports that I like that arent already hacked up by some dumbass. I would still like a nice b13 or b14 sentra but there arent any nice ones left.

Get an LS1. More power, cheaper, and better looks.

I have thought about that too but, the only thing is I am just a little picky

(which is dumb when you're on a budget) and I like cars that are unique even if its only by a little bit. Like with the mustang, yeah everyone has one but, not everyone has a mach 1 or cobra. With the F bodys, they are all just the same although I have seen some the the little front lip and side skirts and thought they looked pretty cool.

Wow, I guess when you said pretty cheap you meant it. lol. The white one (middle link) looks great. Makes me wish I had cash in hand. Now the only thing Im concerned about is that they all have over 100,000 miles. How long will these motors last before they need "freshened up"? Not that it would be a big deal since there are more than enough people on here to lend a hand in that process. Im gonna start putting in applications at places, I need to buy a new car before summer.