Anyone on here seen this GTO

ohsolow

I just got a Black 05 GTO LS2 A4 car. I was wondering if anyone on here has seen it or knows what happened to it. I got it with a salvage title someone vandalized it with a claw hammer. It has stainless works Full Exhaust, well at least the headers. I haven't really looked at the cat-back to see who made it. Someone took the air box off of it I don't know what was on it besides is was aftermarket. Also, there is a Byers license plate ring on the dash.

I am just curious to see if anyone on here knows of it. It seems like it was a pretty decent car at one point.

I don't have any pics on this computer so i will see what I have at the shop tomorrow.

Later,

Ian

Yeah, i know the one you're talking about. It's black right? It actually wasn't a pretty decent car at one point. It's a special edition GM released that they vandalized with a claw hammer then put an after market air box on and took it right back off before sending it with a salvaged title to the Byer's dealership.

ohsolow:

How did you find the car?

Thanks.

I probably buy 40-50 cars a year off the same salvage yard so when he gets anything trick he typically calls us first or just drops it off.

BTW here are the pics. Its gonna take a bit of metal work to get things flattened out again. Alot of dollying and shrinking the metal back into shape. Trying to keep from putting much bondo in the quarters and doors. Probably gonna buy a hood and 2 fenders they are beat.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c122/ohsolow1/Picture045.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c122/ohsolow1/Picture046.jpg

Guest tbutera2112
I just got a Black 05 GTO LS2 A4 car. I was wondering if anyone on here has seen it or knows what happened to it. I got it with a salvage title someone vandalized it with a claw hammer

reading owns you

looks like some unlucky guy cheated on his psycho gf and she fubar'd the ride

That is pretty much what i was thinking. It wasn't running right when we first got it so I was thinking that maybe whoever owned it beat it up because they didn't have the money to fix it. The car would idle but as soon as you hit the gas pedal it would die. Ended up being a pinched plastic fuel line coming from the tank. I fixed that now it runs great.

Wait, so is that clean or salvage title?

Definitely a salvage title.

Seems like a good price. Hard to see any clawhammer damage in the pics. Is that a factory hood?

Yes, that the stock ram air hood. It took the worst of the damage. The fenders both have about 3 dents ea same with the doors the right quarter had about 6-7 and the left quarter has about 4 and some misc door dings. All in all it isn't coming out too bad the dents dolly out pretty easily. We have been using the stud gun on the ones we can't get to from behind. Also been using the stud gun to shrink the metal on the ones that were stretched pretty bad. All in all it will make a pretty easy fix. It is hard to get a good picture inside with my camera, the lights really mess with it.

wow, looks like your gonna be in the garage for a while smoothing out all of those dents!

Actually the doors back are pretty well done now. They need blocked and reprimed and they will be ready for paint. I still need to find fenders and a hood though.