Hell with Self-cleaning oven cycle.

Putty

I started this thing lastnight...Not only does it take 4hrs.....it phucking produces this odor that made me choke and eyes water. The dogs were making this weird noise...i had to put them in the basement. I opened windows in kitchen. The oven wasn't even that dirty...just a few drips. What the hell does it use to do this clean cause I STOPPED it?

No, I just made sure there were no pieces of food in it...then turned it on. There were just a few dried spots from drips...It would have been faster to get "Easy Off", but I said WTH....got it...might as well use it. It literally about ran us out the house.

I'll never use the self cleaning oven method as well.. all it does it heats up the inside of ur oven and next thing u know ur whole house smells like burnt stuff if you have any dried up food/etc. spots in ur oven. I would just get some oven cleaner. spray and scrub that stuff

I learned the same way as you a few years back. Not sure why I didn't relate it to my gas grill. No different really....the second time i used my grill I turned it on to reall heat up the grates before plopping a nice steak on their. Temp was like 500 degrees and it was smoking up and buring off every bit of crap from the first use, which wasn't much...but essencially that's what my oven did during the cleaning cycle.

No thanks anymore. Fume Free oven cleaner, wait a couple hours and it litterally wipes off.

On a car note, back when i had my 99GTP, that's how I cleaned the exhaust tips. Just run a few errands, come home, spray the tips with oven cleaner and prepare to wash the car. Nasty black tips just wiped clean. Those that had the 97-99's will related...even those with the newer body style and "pig snout" tips will understand too. Bitch to clean, but oven cleaner works great. Just keep it off the paint :)

I just did that exact thing last week because of the turkey that spilled over on Thanksgiving. I had every window in my house open at 2am with fans in the window while gagging. It almost reminded me of the smell you get when you turn on a new computer, only 300 times worse.

I started this thing lastnight...Not only does it take 4hrs.....it phucking produces this odor that made me choke and eyes water. The dogs were making this weird noise...i had to put them in the basement. I opened windows in kitchen. The oven wasn't even that dirty...just a few drips. What the hell does it use to do this clean cause I STOPPED it?

Why didn't you make the wife do it? Isn't that part of her job as being said wife? :)