Sad night......

Putty

Because he was really a lot to deal with even though we sent him off to obedience training. Wife is pregnant and the fact both of us are about to be first time parents I knew there was no way we would be able to dedicate the time to both dogs and learn to be parents. There was just no way with all the daily care we had to give them. I stated this to the lady that trained him and she said she'd be willing to take him. Over the last week we have been preparing for this, but she hasn't really given me any support on the decision when I think in the long run, looking ahead it was the best thing to do.

Because he was really a lot to deal with even though we sent him off to obedience training. Wife is pregnant and the fact both of us are about to be first time parents I knew there was no way we would be able to dedicate the time to both dogs and learn to be parents. There was just no way with all the daily care we had to give them. I stated this to the lady that trained him and she said she'd be willing to take him. Over the last week we have been preparing for this, but she hasn't really given me any support on the decision when I think in the long run, looking ahead it was the best thing to do.

they are a handful when pups. takes 2yrs to settle down but not much...after 5yrs they are usually pretty calm but still pups at heart. we had both ours before our kids. our female was 6 and male 3 when my son was born. now she's the matriarch of the house and he's still a teenager in a boxer body.

your wife will come around soon....bady takes over....right now she's prolly raging with prego hormones is all.

Ours was just about perfect since she was a puppy. I account most of it to my wife being at home with her all day since we brought her home. She picked up on all her training in just a few days after my wife started working with her and was trained to go outside for the bathroom as a puppy as well. Couldnt ask for a better dog.

Ours was just about perfect since she was a puppy. I account most of it to my wife being at home with her all day since we brought her home. She picked up on all her training in just a few days after my wife started working with her and was trained to go outside for the bathroom as a puppy as well. Couldnt ask for a better dog.

did you do the timer thing I mentioned?

We had two Weimaraners and gave one (younger, more aggressive male) up for adoption when my wife got preggers also. It was the best move for everyone. Dog went to a great home...our tamer, older female Weim has been great with kids from the get-go...wife and I are happy.

It is painful, but you HAVE to do what is right for you and your family first. I love dogs more than most, but they are still animals and should never take a precedence over spouse/kids/quality of life.